1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

Nice looking shoe, and nice look pants; where the pants from?

2. kennkim

kennkim Active Member

Just a friendly heads up...

I just came back from my AE store, went to return a pair of the Krause 2nds in Russet, size 8.5D.

No major flaws on them that I could see, just slightly too small for me (Ordered 9D as well and am keeping them as they fit TTS IMO).

So a pair should be available for anyone who missed out.

As an aside, I cannot wait for my tan pair to come in this week, I am going to darken them u like ColdIron did!

3. swimgood

swimgood Member

I got the snuff suede also and am very happy with the purchase. Wore it twice and have had no issues with squeeking at all

4. The Deacon

The Deacon Well-Known Member

5. The Deacon

The Deacon Well-Known Member

I wear a 12.5 Barrie Last and 13 D Hampton Last and 13E Aberdeen, 12 E, and 12.5D Van Last with Aldens so I figured that I would need 12.5 E or wider Randolph because I have seen the instep strap make a big foot look like a pigsfoot! I saw that Steve was selling some near new with best offer and nabbed them for $180. With the vibram sole they are not sleek but I like them, and due to the width they are forgiving on the instep without being sloppy. I think a 13D would be hard to deal with until after a prolonged breakin period. After all the shells I've broken in (RLDarlton, 986LHS, vintage Hanover, Bostonian, etc) I don't want to break in another pair of shells again. Fit is paramount in my dotage!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. mingus2112

mingus2112 Well-Known Member

Vintage AE Polo. . .any chance these are shell??

[​IMG]

7. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

Sorry to put this here but this is the only forum I am active in. I will be picking up a pair of Alden Indy 403 And not sure how to treat it

8. kennkim

kennkim Active Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLVERINE-1...7679595?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item19d761976b

Catside, your obvious and shameless attempt to profiteer from a friendly tip shared with this community is completely classless.

Best of luck with your eBay sale, scum.

9. kennkim

kennkim Active Member

Catside, your obvious and shameless attempt to profiteer off of a tip shared with this community is completely classless.

Best of luck with your eBay sale, scum.

10. doublemazaa

doublemazaa Well-Known Member

Can anyone suggest a winter boot (Seattle, no snow, just rain) to pair with jeans and button down for a casual work environment? Big catch is I need size 8B.

11. adsmith4

adsmith4 Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds Bayfield, they have a mini-lug rubber sole and heel. Put a little waterproof treatment on there and you should be good to go. You can call any one of the outlets and they can tell you if they have your size in any of the stores or warehouse.

12. catside

catside Well-Known Member

It did not fit. I told here many times it did not fit. Nobody requested it. I am not going to sell it at same price I bought on eBay to strangers. This is an open forum. Anybody see what we post.It was not a secret sale on the AE outlet. If I intended to profit I would have bought the whole damn lot. My eBay handle is same so nothing is secret. I return your words to you.
    If it sells i will buy 744s, if not I will wear it big.
    For your information I do buy and sell on eBay. It is a zero sum game.

1 person likes this.
  13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

I have to say that what you posted was a pretty harsh statement. How I see it, if someone picks something up on a discount (regardless if the info came from here or some other site) and then flips it, that's his/her business. It happens regularly on B&S, eBay, etc.

People purchase things all the time from discount outlet stores and re-sell them. Intentionally or not, if a person picked up something on discount, change his/her mind (or even it the item was to be flipped intentionally) and puts it up for auction and sells for more, I would not call that classless, that's just good business maneuvering.

1 person likes this.
  14. mingus2112

I've never dealt with catside personally, but he seems like a standup guy. If you're referring to him selling his boots on ebay, I don't see a problem with it. If they don't fit, why not sell them? If he was trying to profiteer, why didn't he buy 5 pair to sell?

PLUS - The Dude is his avatar!

-J

1 person likes this.
  15. Tesla

Tesla Member

Hey fellas!

I wanted to buy the "Strand with Combination Tap Sole" AE shoes online (so I can use them in winter), but I'm pretty much scared about the sizing. I downloaded the fit guide from AE's website and my measurement according to the guide is 9.5D, but in the size conversion chart (on the same fit guide) says that a 9.5 would be an equivalent to 43.5 size which I'm definitely never been, my usual size would be a 41 - 41.5. That would not be much of an issue If I could return them easily, the problem is that I'm at the end of the world.

Does anyone know about the sizing equivalence on these shoes? Has anyone had any experience sizing with the fit guide? Has anyone been on my same situation? I appreciate any help you can give me.

16. bucksfan

bucksfan Well-Known Member

Yes, quite a good chance based on that pic. Any other pictures to make sure? They were available on shell for a good number of years.

17. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Indy is chromexel. Coldiron posted how he treated his chromexel daltons somewhere; might be in the wolverine thread? I'll see if I can find it.

But very similar to shell in that very oily and you dont want to polish them. Lots of brushing.

18. bucksfan

I can never remember the #s. if that is regular calfskin, start with some leather conditioner, then wear. If that is chromexcel, you can skip the conditioner at first.

19. mingus2112

No other pics that would clear that up. Picked them up for $23. Soles are more worn than I care for, but they're not misshapen. I figure maybe I can get them recrafted in the future - meaning they would be $150 total for a pair of vintage shells. As is, though, they seem to have tons of character and are probably totally wearable for now.

-J

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. bucksfan

I'm about 90% sure those are shell. Nice find!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.