• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dganderson

Reaction score

Just bought a pair of lightly-worn Ashburys for $50 shipped... & inquiring with the outlets about Dalton seconds in walnut for the BF sale.

dganderson: was that dark brown you're referring to?

Yes, it was the dark chocolate. As nice as the walnut looks, dark chocolate is much more versatile for me.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased AE Winthrops? I was gonna buy a pair but have heard mixed reviews.

dganderson

Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Winthrops and like them. What did you hear that was negative?

Stylego

Reaction score
Trying to choose between a D or B width on the Fifth Street boot. I normally wear a 9.5C in the #5 last.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trying to choose between a D or B width on the Fifth Street boot. I normally wear a 9.5C in the #5 last.

How high is your instep? If you have flat feet you could probably go down a width. I wouldn't be able to because I can't close balmorals even when they are the correct width!

senoreme

Reaction score
What is the email for the Freeport store? Can someone please post it on the forum for me. Thanks.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of barely worn Park Avenues in black off of Ebay for $180. Fit like a glove. Score :slayer:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a photocopy of my credit card receipt for my daltons :)

Somehow they managed to charge me the full ~10% chicago sales tax (mail order stuff usually just gets IL sales tax) but the price still kicked ass for a pair of brand new boots and shoe trees shipped straight to me.

Stylego

Reaction score
My instep is fairly average I suppose. My 9.5C Strands are spot on (I measure 9.5C on a Brannock device) for me. I'm wondering if I should go down a 1/2 size...

Bateman87

Reaction score
Got a photocopy of my credit card receipt for my daltons
smile.gif

Somehow they managed to charge me the full ~10% chicago sales tax (mail order stuff usually just gets IL sales tax) but the price still kicked ass for a pair of brand new boots and shoe trees shipped straight to me.

Hm, when did you order yours? I ordered mine this morning (~4am east) and it still hasn't been charged on my card.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hm, when did you order yours?  I ordered mine this morning (~4am east) and it still hasn't been charged on my card.

Not sure who you would have ordered from at 4AM...can't imagine they were answering the phones then

Bateman87

Reaction score
Not sure who you would have ordered from at 4AM...can't imagine they were answering the phones then

Are you saying it all happened in my head?
lol8[1].gif
The Ohio outlet opened at 10pm last night.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a pair of the Winthrops and like them. What did you hear that was negative?

I heard they are narrow. These are some of the best looking penny loafers I've been able to find under $100 (currently on sale)

Last edited:

dganderson

Reaction score
They are a little bit narrower than my Park or Fifth Avenues but that's also the nature of the shoe. I still bought the same size though since I normally wear them without socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads