• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshine123

Reaction score
I'm picking up a new pair of Delrays in a few weeks and debating getting them with this sole.

I can't speak directly about this sole, but my experience with the topy AE made for BB models tell me that they wear very durably. Even after 5-10 wears, there is barely any visible evidence of wear. Its not as elegant as an all leather sole, but it will definitely increase the sole's longevity.

Murph65

Reaction score
Quote:
I think your best bet is to go in store and get your foot measured by one of the SAs. Then if they don't have your size, I think they have the options of ordering it to the store, then you come in again to try. You are under no obligation to buy.

Edited by SloopyNoob - Yesterday at 6:49 pm

Thanks for the response. Guess you're right. I plan to buy from the AE outlet over the phone, but hate the idea of "wasting" the SA's time in the regular store, as I'm sure they're on commission. Same company, so I guess it's just part of overhead...

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does one order seconds when the rediscover america sale starts. After ordering the Broadstreet web gem and the Dalton shell web gem. A nice pair of seconds sounds more my speed.

I hear ya. A couple of days before the sale starts send an email to
.com​
asking for a list of shoes available in your shoe size and that you are interested in the sale. They can go fast so if you know what you want grab it early.

Well I pulled the trigger on both Gramercy and Amsterdam. wish me luck....

Much MoJo sent your way. Pictures ARE required!! Good Luck.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with both the 5 and 8 last? I'm looking to pick up Park Avenue (5-65) and Clifton (8-108). They are on these two lasts. Would you say go with the same size for both? Delrays are also on the 8-108...so if anyone has shoes in both these lasts please let me know.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with both the 5 and 8 last? I'm looking to pick up Park Avenue (5-65) and Clifton (8-108). They are on these two lasts. Would you say go with the same size for both? Delrays are also on the 8-108...so if anyone has shoes in both these lasts please let me know.

I have Delrays, Park Avenues and Strands. I wear a 12D on the 5 last, but find the 8 last narrow enough that I have to size down to an 11.5E.

spitshine123

Reaction score
When does the urban daddy offer end?

I jumped on the offer because the McAllister doesnt seem to be coming in Bourbon next season. I've been looking for something in between walnut and burnished brown for a while now and this will be perfect.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes - they are the two best lasts, IMO. I wear 9D in each.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Time for a fun little story:

Just returned from my business trip, which took me past my most local AE outlet store. There is a new manager there, who is sure nice, but a little green. As I walked in, a gentleman was trying to decide whether to get black calf Macneils, burgundy shell Leeds or BROWN shell Leeds.

He was really struggling, so I offered my assistance. I started by showing him the 1.5 yr old burgundy shell Macneils on my feet and said he was crazy if he didn't get shell. And, he was crazy if he did not get the brown shell Leeds. I told him that I'd never seen a pair in that color, and if they were my size I would have taken them from him already. We then got into a discussion about how he can always get a pair of Leeds in burgundy or black later, and a rather lengthy discussion on how to properly care for shell cordovan. (the manager was initially trying to sell him burgundy shell cream because the brown Leeds' box said "burgundy cordovan.") I instructed her to get the dark brown shell cream, and told the customer to wait 3 months before using it, and to only use a little even then, and between now and then use a damp cloth and a brush.

As we were talking, the manager went in the back and found the only pair of shell cordovan shoes in my size, a pair of burgundy shell Leeds. After the other gentleman left the store, I talked with the new manager a bit, told her that I already have a pair of burgundy shell Leeds, but I'd take a look. She mentioned that there was a 25% off thing going on right now, for breast cancer research... and I should try them on anyway. Well, after having them on my feet, I began to rationalize getting another pair (they were 25% off, after all), and wouldn't you know it, I walked out of the store carrying an AE bag.

If anyone (I know there are a few in this thread) shops at Tanger Outlets, there is a pink ribbon for breast cancer sale / donation deal going on right now. For a minimum $1 donation, you get a card for 25% off any 1 item at participating stores. That brings most shell seconds down to $299.

I plan to return after October 1 and place an order for the dark brown shell Dundees.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's a pic of my Macneils for fun:

Last edited:

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Just got the following from the Freeport store, with whom I've done business:

aelogo_crm.jpg

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
I wanted to give you some advanced notice regarding our third annual Rediscover America Sale. The event starts on September 24th and ends on October 9th. This is the one time of the year that we have our entire collection of shoes on sale, with savings of 15%-30%.

With the growing renewed interest in USA manufacturing, as well as our doubling the breadth of our product line since 2010, we've been able to add more than 200 employees in our Wisconsin facility. Thank you for your support of our company and please know that it has helped create jobs right here at home.

Sincerely,
Edward Wickham
Allen Edmonds Outlet - Freeport
32 Main St
Freeport, Maine 04032-1239
Telephone: 207-865-6222
E-mail: [email protected]
Sun: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Mon: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Tue: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Wed: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 7:00pm

spitshine123

Reaction score
Just got the following from the Freeport store, with whom I've done business:

aelogo_crm.jpg

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
I wanted to give you some advanced notice regarding our third annual Rediscover America Sale. The event starts on September 24th and ends on October 9th. This is the one time of the year that we have our entire collection of shoes on sale, with savings of 15%-30%.

With the growing renewed interest in USA manufacturing, as well as our doubling the breadth of our product line since 2010, we've been able to add more than 200 employees in our Wisconsin facility. Thank you for your support of our company and please know that it has helped create jobs right here at home.

Sincerely,
Edward Wickham
Allen Edmonds Outlet - Freeport
32 Main St
Freeport, Maine 04032-1239
Telephone: 207-865-6222
E-mail: [email protected]
Sun: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Mon: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Tue: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Wed: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 7:00pm

I'm pretty sure the beginning of my AE obsession since 2010 and their significant growth since that time isn't a coincidence
rotflmao.gif
. Jokes aside, they have been getting more creative and responsive to customer wants in the past year. Parkways, Regent Streets and Amsterdams (en route) for me in the past few months... I think I have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads