• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsey shoes

Reaction score
Pictures of the ridgeway:

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan, but I could get used to those Redskins! Definitely hoping the Gramercys will be similar to these.

I'll be the voice of dissent: I like them, but, as stated, they're strictly a casual boot. I plan to pick them up in tan leather in the Rediscover America sale.

Count me in the dissent as well... I was originally passing on the Cronmok since I really liked the blue/navy leather, but couldn't see myself wearing them... too much 70s Leather Man or 80s Jean on Jean guy. But, based on the new supplement pics, I think I too am in for a tan pair; especially on sale.

Looking to pick up some polish for my AE Gramercy (whenever they arrive). What shoe care products colors should I use? The color to match is "dublin cognac". Thinking about trying out some Saphir products.

Not sure what my plan would be for the Gramercys either when they land. Definitely hitting them with some Reno to bring out some luster, but not sure of using any paste wax as they may be too shiny for the more "casual" look.
Possibly will use some of the AE chili color premium polish (in the tube), but don't want to mess too much with that beautiful redskin color they seem to have from the pics.

are walnut strands appropriate for winter wear (im from california)?

I am in Texas and wear my walnut anytime of year. The walnut Daltons are a great winter blues buster and always get compliments from the young ladies at the office.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the differences between firsts and seconds negligible?

From what I hear many are hard pressed to find any faults from their seconds. I think I might go with seconds...

cidr

Reaction score
Hello! Been lurking for a bit, I'm in need of help.

Long story short: Bought AE Strands from Nordstrom, AE fit guide gave me 11 W8, went with 11.5 D. They are too tight. Wore them 3 times hoping they'd stretch enough, but I actually got a blister on my pinky. outside of the US so can't try them on at a store.

Pictures for reference.

1. What size should I be going for? I'm thinking 11.5 EE. Is the point where my toe ends normal? Should I go down to 11?
  2. Think I got a shot at exchanging them If I pay for shipping?
  3. I also bought Park Aves, except they're still being processed since I asked them to get me 11.5 E instead once I got these. How do they fit compared to the Strands? I know they're the same last, but I've read they fit differently. Should I get the same size?

I appreciate the help everybody. I've contacted both AE and Nordstrom and am awaiting their response.

A fellow AE owner

Essential

Reaction score
I posted earlier saying that an SA told me there were going to be no more 2 for $200 second sales anymore. Has anyone else confirmed this?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I hear many are hard pressed to find any faults from their seconds. I think I might go with seconds...

A mixed bag. Some seconds are great. Others are terrible. I've experienced each kind, and have always returned those that are terrible.

zchen

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on both Gramercy and Amsterdam. wish me luck....

millerbk

Reaction score
Picture of the Amsterdam from Vanessa at UD. Tried to post this earlier today but said moderator had to review.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picture of the Amsterdam from Vanessa at UD.  Tried to post this earlier today but said moderator had to review.  Not sure why they made the sole this way?

These look great. I like the leather much better than the rough leather used on the Gramercy. These pictures are much better, too.

The sole they are using is a new one that AE is offering as an option on some models. I think the PA is one example. I'm guessing UD just did a big custom order, and they selected this sole as one more point of differentiation; they are better for wet weather, too.

pudman43

Reaction score
So is the Amsterdam simply the McAllister but in new AE finish, and with different sole?
Edit: I want it!!!!

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sole would save me 20 dollars at the cobbler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics