• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Anyone know if they have a good size run of the Macneils in walnut at the store above?

contactdo

Reaction score

I've heard that the Jeffersonville, OH store is opening at 10 Thursday night... if anyone is interested. Brian, the manager there, is great. Here's the full list of what is covered by this sale:

Big Sky and Helena $49 (60% off of $125)
Hastings black $129 (60% off $325)
Cortland black $129 (60% off $325)
Make ups at $162.50 (Parkland, Milford, Wendell, Burton, Fairfax, Hinsdale (50% off $325)
Winthrop 1st Q $87.50 (50% off $175)
San Marco factory seconds $117 (50% off $234)

Boots factory seconds 50% off
Cascade and Ashbury $117
Fifth Street and Bayfield $139.50
Dalton $149.50
Malvern $129.50
Just ordered some Fifth Streets from Brian at the Jeffersonvile store. +1 on Brian. He was very nice, helpful, and knowledgeable.

dganderson

Reaction score
Just ordered some brown Dalton's from Brian and some trees. He was a pleasure to deal with. I can't believe they had my size, 10.5 3E, in the Dalton in brown. He said that there were only a few in that color nationwide. Merry Christmas to me!

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of lightly-worn Ashburys for $50 shipped... & inquiring with the outlets about Dalton seconds in walnut for the BF sale.

dganderson: was that dark brown you're referring to?

rostov

Reaction score
This will be my third pair of Kenilworth, due to heal separation. Their costumer service is great, but I'm getting tired of breaking in the same shoes. Which require careful breaking in
frown.gif

AE has been replacing the shoes for you outright? I was under the impression they were simply reheeling shoes with the problem?

ceng

Reaction score
Just spoke with Brian at the Jeffersonville store. Their Internet is down at the moment so they can't check stock at the other stores, but he took my order anyway for a pair of Malverns and said he'd check the stock later. Fingers crossed, what a great deal.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few quick sale questions:

1. Does the 5th st boot fit exactly the same as the 5th st shoe?

2. Anyone know of any outlet store with seconds stock of the 5th st in brown?

3. How does the fit / sizing of the 1 lasted boots (ie dalton, bayfield) compare to the 5 last? I'm a brannock 11B, 10.5 C or B on the fifth last.

Thanks

Bateman87

Reaction score
Endless has the Katmai, Dalton, Malvern, and Cascade for 33% off. Anyone familiar with the Katmai? I'm interested and wary at the same time.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I just say that Brian (at the aforementioned Jefferson, OH store) is possibly the nicest and most accommodating salesperson I have ever dealt with (over the phone anyway). Despite the fact that its 3am in the morning OH time! We don't get service like that in Australia.

Bateman87

Reaction score
Can I just say that Brian (at the aforementioned Jefferson, OH store) is possibly the nicest and most accommodating salesperson I have ever dealt with (over the phone anyway). Despite the fact that its 3am in the morning OH time! We don't get service like that in Australia.

I 100% agree. Best over-phone service I've ever had - really cool guy. I definitely recommend giving a call now seeing as there's "extra" savings until 8am (though I'm not sure what those extra savings are; I'm starting to think I should call again to inquire).

Quote:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AE has been replacing the shoes for you outright? I was under the impression they were simply reheeling shoes with the problem?

First pair was a replacement, second time it was just a re-heel.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(though I'm not sure what those extra savings are; I'm starting to think I should call again to inquire).

I think it varies per store, here is what I got from OH:

"The extra savings are for the Cortland and Hastings shoes marked down to $99, but they only come in “D” width.

If you need a black patent leather shoe we do have the Kendall for $99.

In addition, I have a special make-up of the Leeds in Brown Grain Calf (would look good with corduroy, jeans, khakis, or dress slacks (not suit)) for $129 if you are interested…they are 10.5 C on the “1” last."

bucksfan

Reaction score
Great to see Brian getting some business. Every time I get an AE sale email, that's the first phone call I make. He's never seemed tired of me starting each conversation with "anything fun in shell?"

He can get you firsts, too. P.S. I have a pair of 5th Streets in brown coming.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any factory outlet can help you with these phone orders. You can also try Edward Wickham, Manager of the Freeport, ME store:

Allen Edmonds Shoe Store Outlet
32 Main St Freeport Maine, 04032-1239
PH: 207-865-6222

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads