1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

So what do you guys think should I try to exchange these black Lombards for the walnut Lombards even though I already own the Strands? Simpson, you are right they may look similar but one you really look one is clearly an oxford and closed toe the other is a wingtip and bulcher. Does anyone know if Shoe Bank exchanges colors?

2. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

^why dun u try brown lombards? i bet they look just as good with navy/charcoal suits

3. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

lol, Kate Upton is too hot for me to not put on here and share with everyone. :devil:

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

I've never seen them in Brown only Black/Black calf and Walnut/Walnut calf.

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

You already determined this, but one other thing. If this was a normal width UK shoe it would probably be an E or F width.

6. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Quoted since I got paged, and so this post still contributes something a story about my day...

Went to sears to return some MacNeils I had purchased from Lands End (and then subsequently purchased a ton of other stuff so I sadly couldn't afford to keep them at this time :(). After convincing the woman that Lands End does in fact sell some AE shoes, she rings it up and proceeds to hassle me about spending $220 on shoes. I told her that was a good deal for these shoes, and she tried to convince me that they would probably go on sale for around $100 after the holidays :rotflmao:

Next went to local AE outlet to return my Amok which looked so much worse than online. Conversation as follows: "Did you buy these online?" "Yes." "I wish they would ban that."
    I don't understand that at all. They also apparently don't take you very seriously as a 21yo kid (didn't help I was just wearing sneakers and a t-shirt).

7. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I try to avoid black with navy at all costs, same with black and brown. I think most people feel that if you wear a navy suit though you should wear black shoes or a really dark brown.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  8. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

VLSI, is that a chocolate dalton that you have? you mind post some more pictures?

9. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I can post more (cell-phone) pictures, but it's the bayfield. Still want?

10. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

if that's the case. thanks. i was thinking between walnut and chocolate dalton, and i do like them both, but can't pick up both....but I guess walnut can better wear in the spring than chocolate which is more of a F/W color.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  11. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I went to the AE trunk sale in Princeton today. They had several new shoes on display that will be part of their spring collection. These pics were all on the new 3 last which is apparently an undated version of the basically defunct 0 last. They still make the Boston on the 0, which I have. I really love the fit but the rep said the 0 last was a love it or hate it last and the new 3 last is supposed to be more comfortable as well as more "contemporary." Anyway here are a few pics:

[​IMG]
    Flatiron

[​IMG]
    Rutledge (Independence collection IIRC)

[​IMG]
    Larchmont

Additionally he said there was a new version of the Mora which will be available in brown and black that is also on the 3 last. He showed me a pic in a dealer catalog but didn't have a sample at the show.

Fred

12. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

These two are interesting.

13. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

i went into the store last night and saw a pair of green leather with red lace and the same pair with a red leather and green lace. I guess AE is ready for Xmas. SA told me they just received it Thursday, but I can't recall the exact name of the shoe.

14. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Well-Known Member

I really like this model. A cordovan version would be nice.

15. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

Is there a place we can register to find out about trunk shows/sales? Is the AE trunk sale in Princeton still happening tomorrow?

16. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

17. blsing

blsing Well-Known Member

18. dwcopple

dwcopple Well-Known Member

anyone need some 14EEE's??? PM me.

19. rmspawn

rmspawn Well-Known Member

Would there be any interest in a MTO group buy? I was thinking of having the "Fifth Street" balmoral boot made up in Brown Shell Cordovan with a natural edge trim and a leather sole. Please let me know so I can post more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.