1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pudman43

pudman43 Well-Known Member

More pics please!!! They look great!

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

..one shoe missing?..talk about seconds.

Those are NICE.

3. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Well-Known Member

My Amsterdam (Bourbon McAllister) arrived today, much to my surprise since I didn't expect them for another few weeks. First impression is very positive. The color is certainly unique. I like the new combination tap sole very much. Will post pics later

4. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

Great pic! I can't wait for mine. It seems as if I'm the only one who didn't get theirs today

5. AndrewN

AndrewN Active Member

Wow, that bourbon color looks fantastic!

Here's a picture of my new truffle shell dundees
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Those are so gorgeous!

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Well-Known Member

^ Beautiful. How did you get Truffle, may I ask? (I ask because I am about to order the dark brown, but if truffle is available, I may do that instead).

8. dancingbear

dancingbear Well-Known Member

I am regretting not jumping on that deal. Those look great. Please tell me that the bottle of Bookers wasn't included. If it was, I missed the best deal ever!

9. AndrewN

AndrewN Active Member

Thank you for the compliments!

I was able to get this pair from the shoebank during their recent sale. I was originally looking for shell MacNeil's, but they happened to have a pair of truffle dundees in my size. I think AE offers truffle as a custom order color now; I know that JubeiSpiegel posted recently about ordering a pair.

10. Patrologia

Patrologia Well-Known Member

The bourbon looks fantastic.

11. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

As promised, pic of the Amsterdam

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

I have the Wilbert in both brown and black. I used AE Leather Lotion to keep the stitching clean and the original color. I've switched to Bickmore Bick 4 Leather Conditioner, it appears to be the same thing and is a lot cheaper, I use it on bridle leather also so go through a fair amount of it. I love Reno but think it would darken them a bit.

[​IMG]

I also have the Benton in Chili. It is my least favorite AE shoe. For some reason it looks stubby and blocky on me in 10D. While I really like the Wilbert's the Benton... not so much. Over the last couple of years I find myself moving more and more away from rubber soles, the heels wear down fairly fast on most all of them regardless of brand and are not replaced easily like a leather soled heel. I also like the stiffer support of leather soles as I get older and the bones in my feet are spreading, just personal preference. Still looking for traction much of the year especially on wet tile\marble floors however and am going to try the Vibram Raptor half soles that Crane's put on his 1k boots on my 5th St. boots next.

Outstanding! I was gone last week hunting and got home last night, UPS tried to deliver one of my pair 3 times requiring a signature. They used FedEx on my #8 Dundee's, not sure why they changed back to UPS for the next pair. Those both look fantastic and now I'm getting anxious to get mine.

13. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Well-Known Member

you need to take pics for AE's site. Looks great. congrats

14. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Holy crap.

15. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

wowowow

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  16. itsmejson

itsmejson Well-Known Member

I have been breaking my new daltons in around the house. My left pincky has pressure from the shoe and causing some discomfort and the other shoe is fine. I called AE and they said that I could bring them in to get stretched. Does anyone have any experience with ae's shoe stretching?

17. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Well-Known Member

Just snagged a pair of Chocolate Suede Players from Amazon for $117!

18. Swiper

Swiper Well-Known Member

My dad bought me the Byron and the Stockbridge a while back when I started my current career and I hadn't given shoes much thought since then. This year I took an interest in looking nicer, found this site and began trying to upgrade my shoe collection.

Over the last few months I have been buying and trying on many different shoes trying to find the right fit. Love the Strand, Rutledge and Delray but could not get a proper fit so I slipped an Alden in there! My office is very casual so I have been leaning towards shoes that will work in this enviornment...a few shoes for trousers and SC's and a few for chinos/jeans etc...

I just got the Sanford and Malvern yesterday and have a Patriot in brown on the way...my next shoe will be Burgundy (shell?) then done with shoes for a while!

Here is my meager and growing collection

[​IMG]

19. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

Nice steal! The 222 can be a tough fit. Congratulations.

20. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten mine either [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.