1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Well-Known Member

I think it was aprox $290

2. itsmejson

itsmejson Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking. Thx for your input

3. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

Something going on here:

[​IMG]

Maybe try a different width?

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have the Rutledge, particularly in the walnut? Would you say the leather is a bit cracky?

5. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

Can't, or my feet won't fit width-wise across the ball (I wear a 14 EEE). I suspect it's the last; these are the only shoes I own on the 8 last.

6. seer

seer Well-Known Member

Stunning!

7. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

I have them in the burnished brown. What do you mean by "cracky"?

8. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

Burgundy shell MacNeils arrived today from the shoebank. Look nearly perfect but are too small! I tried on the same size in leather at a local store and they fit perfectly, but not so with the pair that arrived. Too bad, so sad.

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

You ordered the Lubbock? To put it in Brooks Brothers terms, that's like buying the 346 brand and then telling everyone how bad the quality of Brooks Brothers is. There are much better options for your rainy day shoe.

10. ddsg

ddsg Well-Known Member

I do and I have to agree. As much as I love the shoe and how it looks (I'm actually wearing it right now) the left toe cap has developed a spiderweb like pattern that seems to be a crack in the finish. On top of that, the leather is ridiculously fragile to the point where it dented when I dropped an empty file folder (thin cardboard). My shoe shiner also accidentally nipped it with his nail while brushing it and left a deep gouge in the leather.

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Wow thanks for the info! Looks nice! Might be both bourbon in Stand and brown in Delray. Who knows Im gonna keep guessing until the next big sale. :slayer:

12. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Well-Known Member

As I'm awaiting my pair of daltons, i'm trying to make sure i'm equipped to take care of them well. I was just wondering if you brush and buff your shoes every other wear without applying any cream or conditioner? You just mentioned that you should condition and wax every 15 wears, which I already do.

13. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

So... the new flannel webgems. Is the Anchorage a model anyone has seen before? It only appears to be available in the flannel, but I like the overall shape of it. I'm not sure if it is just a flannel modification of a different model, or something totally new.

14. zchen

zchen Well-Known Member

Looks like based on Regent Street?

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

What size are you?

16. theinternet

theinternet Well-Known Member

After the heal started separating from the sole of my 1 day old first pair of Cronmoks, AE was nice enough to exchange them on the spot. Now I've gone back and looked at my year old Strands, and the SAME THING is happening! Is this a warranty/replacement situation, or am I SOL now that this pair is a year old?

17. kmdsimpson

There was an issue that AE acknowledges they had with a production run a short while back. I'd call or email and see what they say. But don't worry too much - it's something easily fixed by a cobbler, and it won't affect the longevity of the shoe.

18. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

I am a 9.5D or 10C depending on the shoe

19. kmdsimpson

Ah, I thought I might be able to help. I have a new pair of 11.5 D that I'm deciding what to do with...

20. atoms

atoms Well-Known Member

I just called AE to send some Cronmoks back for repair myself. Here's a photo of the problem with mine. They emailed me a UPS label so I can ship them back tomorrow. Pretty good service so far and the first time I've had to call them. It's nice to know that when something goes wrong service is good. Stuff happens.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.