• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I went back to another shoe store today and they measured m food and told me I was a 12B. Length of foot is 11.5, arch is 12.5, and width B.

Does anyone know if there is an AE shoe that fits true to size, what size would you recommend I get in the strand and park avenue?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad the Katmai works well for you. I ordered it in a special size. It fit well around my foot but the mouth was huge. Ended up exchanging it for the snuff Neumok. I'm going to try Viberg for my next boot.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so I went back to another shoe store today and they measured m food and told me I was a 12B. Length of foot is 11.5, arch is 12.5, and width B.
Does anyone know if there is an AE shoe that fits true to size, what size would you recommend I get in the strand and park avenue?

1/2 size down from your TTS. They are both on the 5 last, AE's longest last.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and still keep the b width?

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, but also consider sizing up one on width in the 5 last. This may not be as much of an issue for you since you have a narrow foot (my sig describes my own AE sizing).
I strongly recommend trying them on if possible though. I haven't been following the thread very closely for a couple of days, so maybe you've already said you can't go anywhere that stocks them. If so, I apologize for :deadhorse:

sartorialnoob

Reaction score
Cold Iron, OT, but double is that in the background? I've never had a target shotgun, just field guns. Though I did use a BT-100 for trap a lifetime ago.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the AE store near me. I noticed my walnut Strands are a lot darker... more "reddish" than the walnut Strands in the store. :( :( I wanted the lighter color.

Has anybody ever owned a pair of the Larchmont. I really liked them.

notfortheweak

Reaction score

I just got back from the AE store near me. I noticed my walnut Strands are a lot darker... more "reddish" than the walnut Strands in the store. :( :( I wanted the lighter color.

I'm curious about this phenomenon as well. I looked at Strands at Nordstrom, but they didn't have my size. I went to the AE store in Boston, and while they weren't able to price match, they did let me try on a pair of Strands in my size (I also bought a pair of Amoks there, so I wasn't totally a 'let me try something on you know I won't buy' person) and they were notably lighter in color than the pair I tried on at Nordstrom. The display pair at Nordstrom was lighter, but the ones they brought out for me to try on were pretty dark. The SA said something about how the display pair were lighter just from being on display, which didn't make much sense to me.
In any case, I'm going to order online at Nordstrom, but I'm worried I'll end up with one of the darker pairs. Should I be?

Also, I'm trying to get a handle on the polish recommendations for the Walnut Strands if I don't want to darken them up. Chili edge dressing? What color/brand of polish? I should stay away from the AE Walnut polish?

Also, has anyone gotten a belt from Narragansett leathers to go with the Strand? What color did you use?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this phenomenon as well. I looked at Strands at Nordstrom, but they didn't have my size. I went to the AE store in Boston, and while they weren't able to price match, they did let me try on a pair of Strands in my size (I also bought a pair of Amoks there, so I wasn't totally a 'let me try something on you know I won't buy' person) and they were notably lighter in color than the pair I tried on at Nordstrom. The display pair at Nordstrom was lighter, but the ones they brought out for me to try on were pretty dark. The SA said something about how the display pair were lighter just from being on display, which didn't make much sense to me.
In any case, I'm going to order online at Nordstrom, but I'm worried I'll end up with one of the darker pairs. Should I be?
Also, I'm trying to get a handle on the polish recommendations for the Walnut Strands if I don't want to darken them up. Chili edge dressing? What color/brand of polish? I should stay away from the AE Walnut polish?
Also, has anyone gotten a belt from Narragansett leathers to go with the Strand? What color did you use?

Don't use the Walnut Polish. I would go lighter if you do use AE polish -- prob the Cognac.

ellsbebc

Reaction score
If you do not want to darken your walnut Strands, use AE cognac polish. Use AE chili edge dressing

This is how I like eBay auctions -- the only bidder
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/38045745364...84.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true#ht_501wt_1037

Are these Sanfords unsalvagable? They appear to never been exposed to shoe trees: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmon...41379&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&#ht_500wt_1287

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should have price matched. They did for me on the McTavish, and for others on this thread as well. Did you talk to the manager?

jjr4884

Reaction score

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My shoes look like AE chili not walnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads