1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifty39

shifty39 Member

I'm really unsure about getting a pair of Red Neumoks.
    From the pictures in this thread, i love the look of them but i don't know how practical they would be for a $200 shoes. Does anyone have an pictures of them with jeans or non-business pants. They're literally impossible to find new in Australia, the only store that sold AEs recently dropped them.

Thanks

2. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

I've bought from eBay before, but typically I have gone with AE Shoe bank. You e-mail them asking if they have the size and model you are looking for in factory seconds. So they will be discounted. If you do this during a sale, they are usually discounted even more.

3. wgiceman

wgiceman Well-Known Member

The stitching you are talking about simply prevents the leather tongue from sliding down when you are putting the shoe on or during normal wear. I have had the stitching pop loose on a pair of AE's and yet I still never experienced any movement. I doubt you will ever notice any problem either. I would lean towards keeping the shoe, especially since you received an additional discount. You got a great shoe at a super price. But if you are unhappy with it, then don't try to fool yourself. Go on and exchange it. Keep in mind, it will probably cost you more since your seller is out of stock now. You will have to purchase elsewhere.

4. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Well-Known Member

Well, here they are guys: the brown Cronmoks. Just got them in the mail today. I HIGHLY recommend these shoes! Super comfortable and they look great. As expected, they fit identical to the Neumoks.

[​IMG]

5. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

6. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the new 6 last for the Patriot? I'm thinking of picking up a pair in burgundy. I have a pair of similar Torinos (which is on the same last as the handsewn Lucca, Verona, Firenze) in brown, but find that despite the great fit, the front of the shoe is too round. Thanks!

7. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

Thanks! Did you just call a number listed on the AE website, or a specific store?

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

You are welcome. I called the customer service number on the AE website (not a retail store).

9. etran27

etran27 Active Member

10. zchen

zchen Well-Known Member

11. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

12. theinternet

theinternet Well-Known Member

Loving the brown finish. I just returned my tan Cronmok's and am waiting for the brown to come in. The tan finish was just too light and looked almost sickly. I can't imagine how one would keep those things looking nice without polishing weekly.

AE's website said 3-5 weeks for my brown Cronmok's, but I just got a shipment confirmation that the boots will arrive on Tuesday! Thanks for posting your picture, the brown looks fantastic!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Well-Known Member

15. seer

seer Well-Known Member

Great! My brown Cronmoks are being delivered today! Can't wait!

16. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Well-Known Member

BTW, they came with two sets of laces: red and brown. The red laces give them a nice pop!

17. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing - your picture makes the boot look much better than the AE photo.

Chris

18. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

There's a shock.

19. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

I agree completely. The photos on the AE website are not a very good indicator of how good a lot of the shoes look.

20. joonian

joonian Well-Known Member

Wearing my Bayfields for the second time today. I am tempted to get rid of them. They are US8.5D, and my toes can't move in the toebox when I put them on. I can also see the shoe bulge at the sides in a slightly disturbing way when I put my weight on them...

However, the length is fine. A 9D might be slightly too large. The ideal fit would probably be a 8.5 Wide. So what should I do... take them to the cobbler to stretch them out (and invest more funds into the boot) or take some nice pictures and sell them, since they have been barely worn. Anyone else want to weigh in on this dilemma?

Here's a pic...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.