• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of RRL and Black Label clothes and accessories. It's the first day today so will be pretty manic. I got there before opening to avoid the crowds.
I'd imagine. RRL sounds pretty great. Thanks for the heads up.

kentyman

Reaction score
Question regarding Last's -

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?
Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)

Absolutely not. I wear 8.5D Strands. My 8D McTavish was too small, so I went with 8.5D, and they're my biggest shoes, even with tongue pads. I bought 8.5D Neumoks and now am convinced I have to sell them. They're simply too small; specifically too narrow.

McTavish is an odd ball. I size in a 8.5D in the 5 last. I tried to size down and it just didn't fit right. Next, I tried the Neumoks. They fit like my other 5 last shoes, maybe a little more comfy, so I bought a pair.

You were luckier than I with regard to Neumoks. I think my high instep would require 8.5E.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Another one just arrived. I'm on a roll!!!
e23d9828e4f07652e03c5fd38ee64e32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are gorgeous. How do you get them to shine like that right out of the box?

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gridirons finally came in from the Macy's price match. Look great! Even though college football is winding down.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to the game. So, I'll ask it here:

What is your most comfortable pair of AE shoes?

If you had to wear only one pair for one day, which would it be? I'm not talking about the one that looks the best, or is the most versatile. I'm talking about the one shoe that fits and feels better than any of the others. Maybe it didn't fit perfectly right out of the box, but it took a while to break in and get it just right. Or, heck, maybe it was the one that fit immaculately right out of the box. I dunno.

Just curious. 

Wilberts

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have to agree. Between the poron insole, squishy rubber outsole, and whatever intensely supple cowhide they use for the uppers, the humble Wilbert sure does feel nice.

A "humble Wilbert" in the golden brown CXL is among the things I'm watching for on the Shoe Bank. I love the color on my LB's and I think that, while plain, it would be a great knocking around casual shoe in the fall and winter. Sort of a cooler weather boat shoe.

My most comfortable all day pair is probably the unlined snuff suede Neumoks.

INMustang

Reaction score
Two cents : In Shoe Bank they are selling these Cronmoks for USD 234, but you can get them from AE regular site for USD199.
Those look great, and would look even better with a darker sole edge and welt. I have been wanting to try this and with these now on clearance maybe I can get a shoebank pair to play with

Those look great, and would look even better with a darker sole edge and welt. I have been wanting to try this and with these now on clearance maybe I can get a shoebank pair to play with

Apple31415

Reaction score
BRB. Buying flat laces for my dark brown PAs. Those look great! It actually takes away a bit from the stubbiness.

Good eye! I only have one pair of flat laces which does not look good on any other shoes but looked right on this PA. Glad someone else agrees!

History: There are brand new "seconds" purchased from hitch-n-post on eBay. It was a 7.5 3E and I took a gamble - fits like a hybrid of a 8D/8E/8.5D which is what I usually wear.

The shell PA Was advertised as seconds because of a cut in left inner heel. Looks big in pic but unnoticeable when worn.

However, upon receipt using my finger I felt there was some ripple in stitching of cap toe to welt. It was not really visible and the cap toe looked tight and round. I did not worry about it because it is a flaw only shoe geeks cared about and who else is going to touch my shoes but me? That was six months ago and I decided to wear it yesterday.

Upon wearing the the slight ripple turned into a fold across the cap. Bummer. Still, for quarter of the price ($~160) of brand new shell Park Avenue, I think it's worth it. What do you all think?

Still looks nice to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads