1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

Maybe now would be a good time to pick up the Oak Street.

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Personally, of the shoes I own, my cognac McT's are one of my favorites. I have a fair number of WT/brogue shoes - never feel limited...

(and the McT's are getting better with patina, too)

1 person likes this.
  3. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It would probabely be wise on part to go with bourbon as I don't have anything it that color, before they run out of inventory. I like the Mora, Flatiron and Lexington. I am also contemplating the Warwick in dark chili, but I am hesitating as it will most likely be relegated to dress attire only (man, I wish my brown Norwich would work out).

Clark Street is an interesting option that I hadn't thought about. Come to think about it, I have probably ignored it as it is on the 65 last, and it's my least favorite last.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

The McTavish is sort of a 65 anomaly to me - I take the same size in 65 balmorals & bluchers, same with these. I felt like they were a "D and a half" width instead of a normal D. I usually have v-gap issues due to high arch - much less pronounced here. Length I thought was standard. @cc808314 I think you'll have fit problems with this one unless you're able to get a B.

5. BL70

BL70 Well-Known Member

Decided to break in my bourbon flatirons with a trial by fire, with an early morning flight then working on my feet most of the day. First few hours were going great but towards the end I felt the left shoe cutting into the outside of my ankle. Is that something that will diminish with breaking in? I haven't had that before.

6. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

Anyone tried the new loafers on 2042 last like lake forest.. I earlier thought it's on same last as patriot but turns out that's not the case.

It looks sleek in the pics online.

7. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

I REALLY want them. No EEE though.

1 person likes this.
  8. pmestrad

pmestrad Well-Known Member

Any in person experience? Or just by seeing them online?

9. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Yes, but (unless I'm mistaken) I don't see anything in gloriously decadent Dublin leather. I think you've decided to give up smoking by hanging out in a cigar bar.

10. tharkun

tharkun Well-Known Member

I have had this with various AE depending on size. E.g. the 8.5 Leeds 2.0 did it on the right foot while the 9 Leeds 2.0 did it on the left foot and not on the right and I didn't have such problems with any of the Leeds 1.0 before at all. I put some moleskin on and after maybe 5 to 10 wears I don't need the moleskin any more. Possibly less if I had let it completely heal first but I didn't want to wait with the breaking in :)

1 person likes this.
  11. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

I would say no. I've got the Kirkwoods in "golden" cxl and they look just like your Maritimes. I'm beating up my kirkwoods and haven't conditioned them since I got them. Want to see how cxl looks with heavy duty mileage on them. I've darkened up my white soles pretty good. Whenever I put them on with shorts no sox, I get thirsty for a salt rimmed margarita [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. david 112358

david 112358 Active Member

Dark chili Lexington's on a dainite sole. Such an awesome looking shoe... Can't wait till it gets here. It's going to be an awesome Oregon rainy season shoe.

I don't like ordering by phone- paranoid about getting the shipping address wrong.

13. Moose22

Moose22 Well-Known Member

So, I still haven't gotten the Cornwallis pair I asked for in the middle of January. Remember, this is the replacement since they couldn't make a pair of The City that I ordered at the beginning of November, so they offered to just send me any other shoe.

It has been two and a half weeks, so I checked in with the rep and got an email back "They haven't shipped. They'll probably go out in the next couple of days." They were in stock when I ordered and still show in stock. I think they forgot about me. In their defense, it has been three months almost, but I'm beginning to feel cursed. Like they've got me on a list of troublemakers since I'm always sending my shoes back, or something, and they're hoping I'll just stop bothering with them.

14. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Probably nothing but what about when the wingtip creases like this?..

15. fieldsheer

fieldsheer Member

For today I'm going with my favorite, the Danbury. It's one of my oldest pairs, but the leather is as smooth and supple as the first day i got them.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the Clark Street is on the 108 last.

17. cc808314

You are correct. I was thinking of the Oak Street, as the previous poster had mentioned.

18. cc808314

I stopped by the Rockefeller Center store in NYC on my way home from work. That store was half empty with all the clearance shoes pulled out. It was a pretty depressing, actually. Nothing really popped out, except the Cornwallis.

19. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

Damn you Poron insoles! Why are you in most of the shoes I like. [​IMG]

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Looking good in your Buffalo Wings! It's not bad this morning, just watch out fr stray road salt.

.......OR.......

It's exciting that the new spring styles will be coming in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.