1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tharkun

tharkun Well-Known Member

Re shipping times:

Aaargh. Such pain! Fedex screwed up my shipment. They have it twice now under the same tracking number. One says it's in transit and the other says it's already being held at the location I had it shipped to so I could have picked it up today after work but I didn't even check as it was still in Memphis yesterday!

FYI I ordered them on the phone Monday morning ~8:30a.m. and they apparently arrived at my Fedex location today, Wednesday 9:50a.m. for pickup (although two hours ago their status was "Pending import clearance"). Since I'm in Canada there's no free shipping though and this costs $40. My previous purchases were usually a day slower but that's about it.

2. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Glad they waited until now to display the Malone and the la marche, as well as bring back the cronmok. I definitely don't need another 65 blucher but would have been drawn to the la marche anyway. I'm done for this year - officially out of space for now.

1 person likes this.
  3. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I was in BCF today and found a pair of Modesto penny loafers. Maybe it's just me, but these are some of the butt ugliest shoes I have ever seen. I get "distressed" on a boot or maybe some on a shoe, but these things look like they have been set on fire. Am I totally off the mark here? Maybe there IS a reason I had never heard of them.

[​IMG]

4. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Dude! After I posted about the brown crackle mctavish, this was a great follow-up - this was a blast from the past for me.

Now you reminded me....i am giving up on Kyle. Can someone comment on the Haley? Anything at all? Thanks a ton.

5. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

FYI, Madison Park is down to $184 after an additional 25% off through 11/30. You can get an additional 10% off if you buy through Discover Deals. I ordered the walnut, as I already have dark chili Daltons.

6. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

I was just getting ready to say how happy I was that they added a few more models for the Thanksgiving weekend.

7. shoosensuits

shoosensuits Well-Known Member

Double post, apologies

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  8. shoosensuits

shoosensuits Well-Known Member

What last are these on?

9. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Well-Known Member

I'm digging the La Marche that was released today. Photo says $325 but it's been marked down to $199.

• Four-eyelet blucher cap toe shoes
    • Fine Italian, glove-like leather
    • Naturally waxed, double burnished
    • Hita tap sole
    • 360 degree Goodyear welted construction - 212 steps of Craftsmanship
    • Manufactured on the welted 65 Last - All about Lasts
    • This shoe is recraftable - Recrafting Service
    • Limited size run
    • Made in USA of fine imported leathers

[​IMG]

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Last night I was on the AE website and came across these new models and thought "Oh boy, are these ugly. Can't wait to go to SF and see the hate for these."

Color me surprised.

11. vmss

vmss Well-Known Member

There are some questionable models, but like the thomastown quite a lot. Is that a new model that they made for this sale event?

12. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Hope no one pulled the trigger on the chestnut version too early - looks like it's down to a hundred bucks now.

I'm sort of with you on this - I literally just tried on the Desoto so I was sort of surprised to see how similar this looked. The Desoto material was nice, the overall construction....not so much. So that's what intrigued me. The faded/distressed nature of the leather would make this wicked hard to pair up with business dress though.

Edit: WTF - the BB models are now $99? That's sort of a slap in the face to anyone who just bought any of them...Hope people can score on this.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to take a backseat for a while and just enjoy the pics. With 201 bluchers dominating the scene, I'm ready to call it quits for a while. I'll probably make a pickup or two but there really isn't much from the current offerings that has me too interested. Feel free to PM me if you want me to try to recommend a size - I have consistently found the retail stores to be very unhelpful in this area. If you are within the normal size range and you can just go wild and try whatever it shouldn't be an issue but it can be rather frustrating if everything is a special order. Also wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

1 person likes this.
  14. alexdell

alexdell Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on the 6th Ave at NordstromRack.com. Just pulled the trigger. For $105, I couldn't resist. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

15. BackInTheJox

I've seen them in person and they're very nice; however, I don't have much use for a brogued cap-toe blucher.

The pairs I've seen have actually been a lovely "lighter" brown that's a tad lighter than the traditional "dark brown burnished" AE color. And the edge dressing is a lighter (maybe chili?) color. Overall the combination of the leather color and edge/welt color really appeals to me, but the pattern of the shoe isn't really my thing.

Enjoy! For $105 that's a ridiculous steal.

16. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Is the 6th ave built on the 201 last? I just want to double check.

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I was thinking about those Brooks brothers chukka in pebble grain. Anyone with experience with them? What last are they on? Are they dressy enough with dress pants?

18. BackInTheJox

Maybe someone else can chime in to back me up/refute, but I think they're actually on the 108 last?

19. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

I think it's the 1 last.

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Wearing my McT's at the playground. Most thankful for my two little monkeys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.