• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of black STF Levis for practically free and couldn't refuse. Haven't worn black jeans in 20 years... thoughts on shoes to pair?

Looking at the pants and what others wear, I'm leaning toward navy, red, and maybe olive? My navy Banchory seems to pair well. The Ridgeway and Walnut Dalton, well, don't.

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede?
I havent worn my black pair of jeans in 3 years, and its because I also dont know what to wear with them. A black blucher should work. LWB, PTB or NST. I can imagine a black loafer as well.

Black suede should work too. Not sure about tan, but I can imagine white suede can work.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of black STF Levis for practically free and couldn't refuse. Haven't worn black jeans in 20 years... thoughts on shoes to pair?

Looking at the pants and what others wear, I'm leaning toward navy, red, and maybe olive? My navy Banchory seems to pair well. The Ridgeway and Walnut Dalton, well, don't.

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede? (EDIT: but I also imagine there isn't enough overlap in the seasons that I'd wear black jeans *and* white shoes very often... alas!)

Well, besides more black (the obvious), I think red goes extremely well. Personally I wouldn't do navy or olive. Grey would look terrific, as might white if you were seeking a certain kind of look.

Trader George

Reaction score
Had my SA order these in earlier this week, they're absolutely beautiful. The first picture is with flash, and the second is without.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had my SA order these in earlier this week, they're absolutely beautiful. The first picture is with flash, and the second is without.
[/SPOILER] We need fit pics brah. Dammit that was a fail on the spoiler

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I imagine black jeans also work well with much lighter colors such as tan or white suede? (EDIT: but I also imagine there isn't enough overlap in the seasons that I'd wear black jeans *and* white shoes very often... alas!)

That's what THESE are for. Grey FTW

Edit: there's a pair of Grey Dalton's in our size at the shoe bank. Just sayin...

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score

Edit: there's a pair of Grey Dalton's in our size at the shoe bank. Just sayin...

I know! I almost bought them during an earlier sale, but they disappeared and came back. Might be tempting when RDA comes.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score
Anyone know if the colored stickers mean anything on the inside of the AE box? I can't remember off the top of my head if my seconds boxes have them, but for firsts I've seen green, blue and now white.

Skatenc123

Reaction score
Just picked up black shell macneil for a couple upcoming weddings. And most likely for own in march!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Jeffs again at an event in Montauk. Gotta love that 3.5 hour commute...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E store finally got in their demo pair of Bleecker Streets, they look pretty good in person IMO:

I am pleased with how they made this boot, i like the contrast lining, and they included that half sock-liner pad that i like. The cap toe that i was previously apprehensive about even looks good, not too small, and not too big. Told my SA to order me one, so i will report back when i get my pair... :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads