1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Well-Known Member

Wow. Beautiful color.

1 person likes this.
  2. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky. After the last report of AE Shell @ BCF, I drove over to the one about 25 minutes away. Pathetic. Guessing the regional buyer up there has an in with AE...

3. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@M635Guy - don't feel bad. I noticed that stores located either within major cities or very close to them have lots of AEs. The other stores further away have absolutely nothing. So if its one of these stores on the outskirts, I wouldn't waste your time.

Damn i want that Lubbock [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Shoes yes, but is that an s2000 trunk? Or is it that I miss my old friend and seem to see her everywhere now... (sold mine as the wife said I couldn't convert the trunk into a rumble seat for an infant car seat) [​IMG]

5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

New shell on eBay (from a trusted seller) is similar in value/risk to buying from shoebank imo. My snipe on this pair was over $400 (after privately offering seller $275).

Auction sniper bid for me with 8 seconds left in the auction and since no other bids, I bought these for $299.

6. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

7. JLnoir

JLnoir Well-Known Member

The JR stands for j redenbach. They're suppose to be extremely durable. Way more then a regular leather sole

8. Martius

Martius Member

I had to go as high as $350 for an unworn pair of burgundy cordovan MacNeils a while ago. I wear a not-so-common but fairly in-demand size -- 9.5E -- so I believe that price was OK. I would say absolutely no higher than $400 on eBay cordovan, unless it's something you might not see again.

9. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Well-Known Member

Guys, don't mean to be uncouth, but since you're discussing, I thought I'd offer. I have a pair of shell Leeds in 10D that I would be willing to give someone a great deal on. Hit me up if you're interested!

Edit: color 8/burgundy/oxblood.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  10. BagleyBrown

There are few to zero competitors bidding for size 15 shell. I have an ebay alert set to let me know when a new size 15 shell item is listed but am now close to shell-satiated. Shellsiated?

Agree with this unless item is high on want list and or unobtanium.

1 person likes this.
  11. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

PSA. Leeds store has bottle green cordovan PAs in 12.5B.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell Earl Carl sent you and you might get a little price break. I stopped in while passing through to say farewell as Earl has always done me right and been a huge help. The store was looking pretty sad but I grabbed a chili wide basic belt for $30 that matches my walnut shell Daltons pretty well.

12. nbj08

nbj08 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it isn't a 10.5D? ;)

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

My Rush Streets arrived over the weekend: (picked these firsts up on clearance when they popped up in my size...)

[​IMG]

That's my last shoe purchase for a while... I swear it is...

4 people like this.
  14. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

Yep. It is an s2000 trunk. It is my weekend car now. It's got some miles on her now, but I can't see myself getting rid of her anytime soon. Love the car.

15. csmitty

Are the Weybridges patent leather? They sure felt pretty smooth. I can't find a description of them anymore. The BCF here has my size but hoping they drop further, even at $99 I don't have a strong desire to bite. But if they dropped to the $35 the size 7 Players shoes were (with no 2nd mark) I'd be all over it for a once a month shoe.

1 person likes this.
  16. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    They do not appear to be patent leather. The AE shoe care guide describes them as calf leather. The same shoe care guide clearly labels some models as patent, like the Copely, but the Waybridges are not one of them. It appears there was a batch of Weybridges released to BCF and they are in numerous stores now. My local BCF has three pair in 8.5 D at the same $99. As they just arrived, I would not expect any price reduction for a very long time. Ah, go ahead and get them. As they were discontinued you will never find another new pair once these are gone.

By the way, the shoe care guide is really valuable and can be found here.

17. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Are you happy with Auction Sniper? Any security concerns? I am thinking of using them after I have lost couple of items that I really wanted to last second bids.

18. BagleyBrown

19. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Well-Known Member

Actually, they're vintage and -- I believe -- may be on a different last and run slightly larger than more recent examples. I'f you're interested, let me know and I can measure for you...

Edit: Apparently, they are on the 97 (AKA 7) last.

20. csmitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.