1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

Hush your mouth! I am just waiting to pounce of some brown shell Strands. Shell is never boring.

2. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

I have the Flatiron in bourbon and like it very much. It's a bit squarer in the toe than I typically like (though certainly just "chiseled") but I find that color combined with the toe medallion looks really nice.

(P.S. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Over the past eighteen months or so I've begun to invest in quality footwear for my job which requires daily business dress. I've currently got a rotation of a dozen or so, consisting of AE and Meermin)

3. sdfish

sdfish Member

Yeah, I tried that. Used the Fiebing's Leather Lotion specifically, among other things. It helped it for a couple minutes, but never enough that I would be comfortable wearing them in public.

4. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

Beautiful shoes! My Bob's Chili Bleecker Streets do the exact same thing. It bothered me at first, but as they start to get worn in I must say it doesn't bother me one bit. I consider it character. Like smile lines.

1 person likes this.
  5. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

When I read the original post I was about to respond but then you pretty much said exactly what I was going to say. Discontinued styles are definitely worth the seconds vs. firsts difference.

6. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Probably not - they must have said that the deal is in-store only, so he must live close to the B&M location.

1 person likes this.
  7. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Chili Daltons? Did I miss something?

8. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

It's a deal available to anyone who walks in the store. If you call the store and do a phone order, you will have to pay the current Shoebank price. I am hoping that in a few days there will be more tempting reductions. They are moving all of the hardware from this store to a soon-to-be-opened location in New Jersey.

9. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Like these I just got? (Still waiting for a cleaning tonight)
    [​IMG]

10. redmusic1

redmusic1 Well-Known Member

If only I had the money right now, I would either take you up or head over myself. That's kinda crazy.

11. BKBridge

BKBridge Well-Known Member

Some people were saying firsts relative to seconds weren't worth the risk.I think he's just saying that Daltons are discounted enough to be worth it (they're not discontinued in chili).

Let's look at the Rush St for example:
    $197 clearance first
    $157 seconds.

That's not such a great deal. Here's an example where the shoe bank rocks, black captoes:
    Park Ave first: $385
    5th ave first: $385

Park Ave first: $327 (RDA)
    5th ave first: $279 (RDA)

Park Ave 2nd: $229
    5th Ave 2nd: $219

That's pretty good but we can do better.

Rutledge 2nd: $177
    BB 5th ave 2nd: $169

I'd go rutledge 2nds over a first quality park avenue at that price even at the RDA price. Obviously not a perfect example but I think it illustrates the general idea.

12. Martius

Martius Member

Just got these on eBay. let's just say that, to an Orioles fan like myself (who lives a free bus ride from the stadium), they're worth the money. Now to start getting a complete fan outfit together for opening day. (Photo belongs to the eBay seller.)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I hear that location is going to be about 2 miles from my casa....from what I recall

14. BKBridge

BKBridge Well-Known Member

I emailed them about the NJ outlet, december 9th opening.

Also Roosevelt Field Mall on long island is getting a full retail store mid-November, I'm excited because my mother and gf will be dragging me there at the crack of dawn on black friday [​IMG]

15. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

I am going to miss this store. It is less than 10 minutes from my house. I do have an AE retail store about 15 minutes away. Oh, by the way, the store also has AE shoe trees for $14.97 per pair.

16. jcman311

Another snap of the brown shell strands. The right (in the pic) has been cleaned... Just 5 more left to do tonight. The beauty of shell... just a brush, water, deerbone, buffing cloth were used.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    2 people like this.
  17. shoenoobie

shoenoobie Well-Known Member

They look pretty close to Bourbon color right? Just shinier?

18. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Assuming North Jersey?...

19. jcman311

Not really. Another pic without the flash

[​IMG]

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that it was Bergen Town Center...basically an quasi outlet mall with a target, noRd rack, whole foods and a bunch others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.