• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my amoks in and wore them a lot this weekend. They broke in nicely.

I had a bunch of heel pain from them though. Same size as my suede strands (8E). Does the heel cup thing they put in some shoes bother other people as well? It feels like it's in the wrong spot for me. Can I do anything about that?

eyeheartny

Reaction score
How does the sizing on the Dundee compare with the Alden Barrie last? I need a narrow width (11 C) in the Barrie and am not able to find the Dundee locally to try on. I'd appreciate any sizing advice! Thanks.

phsiao08

Reaction score
Anyone excited that the 'Fifth Street's are back (the best boot, in my opinion)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...000000001_-1?gclid=CNGHzPjg0MACFbTm7Aod_UsATA

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I heard that everybody who is anybody is ordering the brown shell cordovan Townley on the MTO page.... You should hurry up and get on it too!

LeviMay

Reaction score

They are a 10.5 D.  My Brannock size is 10.5D, which is what I wear in the 7, 8, and 4 last.  I wear a 10 E in the 5 last.

And yes, I think the toe-cap is a little narrower looking in the 10.5D 7 last vs the 10 E 5 last.

Thanks for that. One last question... Do you change sizing going from blucher to bal on the same last? 11.5D MacNeil could be 11.5D in that shoe?

Thanks again!

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E loving friends! The AE-SF Group MTO is still accepting orders. To date, the merlot calf Eagle County and the brown grain calf Eagle County have both met the minimum required orders and will be processed soon. In case anybody here is interested in getting either of these two make-ups, now's the best time to get them. When invoicing starts, orders will no longer be accepted.

Of course the other designs are still available.

If anybody would like to join the GMTO, please visit the AE MTO Thread. You may also list for the GMTO directly via this link.

If you want to see the inspiration for the designs, click here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. One last question... Do you change sizing going from blucher to bal on the same last? 11.5D MacNeil could be 11.5D in that shoe?

Thanks again!

I do for sure I also have a higher arch so on 65 lasted blucher I take 12E and 65 lasted bal's 12 EEE - the EEE provides a touch more room but at least the V from the lacing doesn't look like my fly is open...

bradybot

Reaction score

Thanks again!

I don't think I can help. None of my bluchers and bals are on the same last.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
You won't be able to find a Dundee in stock unless its out an outlet store. All cordovan stock shoes are essentially a MTO. Technically they have 0 stock and when you order they will make the shoe. However for the 511 last I use TTS. Boots might be slightly looser than 511 shoes however I usually still do 12D. I found that Barrie shoes the 11D works good and that Barrie boots are a bit snug so most go 1/2 size up for Barrie boots. I don't have a Barrie boot yet so can't confirm.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the sizing on the Dundee compare with the Alden Barrie last? I need a narrow width (11 C) in the Barrie and am not able to find the Dundee locally to try on. I'd appreciate any sizing advice! Thanks.

For me:

Barrie - 9.5D
AE 1 - 9.5E

Both fit me extremely well.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking in the Rutledges today. My 1st independence shoe! These are dark brown.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Officially, Sept. 11.  For 4 days only.

I called this morning to enquire about the upcoming sales. Ended up ordering a pair of burgundy Dundee in my size - 10D - and they honored the sale-price of $325 and will be dispatching them today.

They told me there're only 10 pairs in the entire inventory right now. Not sure if they will be getting more for the upcoming sales.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
10 pairs of Dundee's in size 10 or just 10 Dundee's in all sizes?

rostov

Reaction score
I called this morning to enquire about the upcoming sales. Ended up ordering a pair of burgundy Dundee in my size - 10D - and they honored the sale-price of $325 and will be dispatching them today.

They told me there're only 10 pairs in the entire inventory right now. Not sure if they will be getting more for the upcoming sales.

$325 for Dundees!? Nice. I called Port Washington and they could only confirm that the Randolph and Patriot loafers would be $325, starting on Thursday, Sept 11th.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
10 pairs of Dundee's in size 10 or just 10 Dundee's in all sizes?
As far as I can remember, that is for ALL sizes. I imagine they would have more inventory available for the upcoming sales. The question is whether they would have them in your size. As someone mentioned before, shell makeups seem to be made on demand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads