1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Well-Known Member

Oxblood Strands just in from the Shoebank. My photography skills are terrible, but the depth of color on these is amazing!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. shoenoobie

shoenoobie Well-Known Member

I would have picked up the Veronas myself even in black only if the bit was golden. Something too flat to run just metallic silver with black leather..

3. shoenoobie

shoenoobie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Found a new condition Carlyle with uneven Bourbon dye. Took it to a trusted cobbler and this is now screaming sexy dress shoes. Made into a black pair I needed for formal events.

$115 total including the shoes, dying cost, and Uber to the cobbler, haha!

Personally think that Carlyle is the single most underrated model of AE. When was the last time you heard of people talking about it?

1 person likes this.
  4. 22busy

22busy Well-Known Member

Less than a year ago I didn't know what a Allen Edmonds was. My first AE shoe was the bourbon Carlyle. 9 pair later it is still my favorite pair.

2 people like this.
  5. BKBridge

BKBridge Well-Known Member

Hah! I just said the same thing in another thread about the Carlyle being underrated. It's my "formal" black lace up. Unfortunately I didnt realize my foot doesn't fit the 108 that well and I have a bit of top line bulge which annoys me.

6. BKBridge

Anyone in the market for walnut strands 10.5 EE? Worn and refinished according to the tag for $150 at dowtown bk nordstram rack. I was going to buy and flip until i read the tag as they were absolutely flawless.

[​IMG]

7. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

I love mine in navy shell
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about using RDA as an excuse to buy the AE shoe I've always wanted but don't need- the Walnut Strand. What I need is a burgundy shoe to go with a charcoal suit and various slacks.

Doesn't AE usually follow RDA with a 2nds sale ($50 off first pair, $75 off second pair, etc.)? Wondering if I should wait and roll the dice on some seconds if I want to grab multiple pairs.

9. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

Hello.

I am looking for a little info on the AE Richmond. What years was it produced? is it on the 7-last?. What colors did it come in? I am really digging the look of longwings without a medallion. Any pictures?

Much appreciated.

10. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Well-Known Member

^
    If you like Strands and you need a shoe in the Burgundy color family, then I'd heartily recommend the Strand in Oxblood.

1 person likes this.
  11. misterellington

misterellington Well-Known Member

Ohhhh daaaaaamnnnn. A Navy SHELL Balmoral? That's...that's like not even fair. They're beautiful.

12. inchyko

inchyko New Member

Does Lexington and Strand fit the same? I have a Walnut Strand in 8E and looking at the Lexington now for some casual wear (change to colored laces and all :) ).

13. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Totally depends on you - some people might say exactly the same. For others with high arch issues (like myself), the strand would fit a LOT tighter than the Lexington. Kind of have to try them. Hope this helps :)

14. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

When I saw a lone pair of navy shell graysons not in my size I made almost the same comment.

1 person likes this.
  15. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

Brown burnished Leeds: Yay or nay?

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Um...yay? Hard to go wrong with a simple brown blucher.

17. SimplyStylin

SimplyStylin Well-Known Member

This... plus, you unfortunately can't get the Leeds in brown any longer without going pebble grain. Hopefully, they will bring it back.

18. BKBridge

While I don't have lexingtons and strands, I have a pair of kenilworth and rush street which are basically the same. People say you should go half a size down from a balmoral on the 5 last to a blucher; I didn't and was fine . The bluchers are defintiely roomier but still fit good. Be very careful on the width as topline bulge is the biggest issue with the lexington.

1 person likes this.
  19. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Depends on your instep as well. I wear 8.5D on most lasts but for the Lexington and Badlands I wear an 8E. 65 lasted bals just don't work for me even though I still keep my walnut strand because they look great. I sold off my burg shell strand and brown shell jefferson because my high instep makes for a wide vgap.

1 person likes this.
  20. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

This is the sensible call, but for whatever reason I have told myself the next AE I would buy is the Walnut Strand.

Any opinions on the versatility of the various AE red shades (merlot, oxblood, dark chili)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.