1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Well-Known Member

jefferson 2.0s are in the store, but no where on AE's website?

omg did the Randolph 2.0s come out?????

2. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Daltons and denim last night. Hoping to have these bad boys well broken in (and darkened) by the time fall starts.

1 person likes this.
  3. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

Yes the first Jeff was much better. Which is why I just bought a pair of Jeff 1.0s at $269 with the xtra 20% off.

4. garland

garland Well-Known Member

The new indy line should be in most stores now.

Funny thing, the only place I've heard of a Randolph 2.0 is on this forum...

5. HealthActuary

I was told by two different store managers that all randolphs in store were asked to be sent back to AE HQ to make room for the new Randolph 2.0s coming out in the fall. They dont have an ETA, but they said it's close.

6. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

saw the new styles in store, the brown grain fifth ave boot looks awesome. They also had navy and brown suede Leeds 2.0 that are not online, good looking but the suede was not great.

7. garland

garland Well-Known Member

I'm not insinuating that it isn't happening, only that there hasn't been the telltale signs of a shoe in development. That and the fact that the Randolph hasn't gone on closeout/clearance. I'm not holding my breath for an imminent release.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Wow, new fall styles and still no blucher shortwing. Sorry the LGA didn't cut it.
    [​IMG]

9. OPTiK

OPTiK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! I ended up picking up the Aschers in Bourbon, once I tried them on I couldn't take them off lol. I have a question about prepping/maintaining the bourbon color. I have all the Saphir products that I need, along with the AE bourbon polish. Normally for a new shoe I would hit it with renomat, but I'm scared that it will ruin the finish since people have used it to completely clear the finish on bourbon shoes before. Should I just go with Saphir Nettoyant leather cleaner? Or straight to Renovator? I wanted to do a full cleaning (renomat, dubbin graisse, renovator, etc) but it doesn't look like I can do that with this shoe if I want to maintain the finish. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!

10. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

Heard there maybe a trunk show this fall. Could be cordovan or exotics. They are still deciding. Also heard that they are streamlining the process as the last trunk show, there were too many specifics and additions that resulted in a good bit of rejects. Also, heard that during the rediscover America sale they will honor the sale on SMUs.

11. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

@Burzan is that Kenwood in Tan Saddle a full grain loafer? Gorgeous but I always thought the Kenwoods were corrected grain (burg and black are for sure).

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I am sorry to say that my Rogue shoes, which I have worn around 10 times since receiving them in early June, are cracking at the heel. I have seen several other comments about this with other shoes on the forum. Imagine my surprise to see the images online for the new walnut colored Yorktown shows that the heel comes pre-cracked for our convenience. It does not inspire confidence in ordering this new shoe.

[​IMG]

13. HealthActuary

Is it just me or is the smell of well maintained/clean/conditioned/polished calf leather intoxicating?

It's like Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather cologne, but much more subtle. <3

Although, I'm still addicted to Creed Aventus cologne...

1 person likes this.
  14. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

The guy from Australia who got it was pretty pleased with that one. To date I still don't have a burgundy derby boot to replace that one.

Don't miss the chance now, I still have some items on sale you know haha.

15. Brown Dynamite

Brown Dynamite Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just finished my post-wear brushing for the shoes I wore this weekend and figured I'd post a picture. Siena in Brandy on the left and Kirkwood in Golden Brown on the right. Both are fantastic shoes (and were snagged for $127 and $125, respectively), but the fit of the Italian Siena is amazing for those with narrow heels.

16. Al Dente

Al Dente Well-Known Member

My closet smells like a mix of cedar and leather and I like it! I was touching up a shoe the other day and my wife came by to have a sniff.

17. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the chili edge dressing on the Leeds?
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Moose22

Moose22 Well-Known Member

The sales guy at the Freeport store seemed to think there would be a cap toe and another wingtip in one of the new lasts with a higher instep.

It might not have been a sure thing, but I've got my fingers crossed there's a short wing coming. The Cornwallis sure looks good to me, so I am hopeful.

19. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

There are still listings for "Player 2.0" floating around on the shoebank site so could be...we'll have to wait and see. I always ask Ben a ton of questions and I can't remember him ever being wrong :)

20. Jigg

Jigg Well-Known Member

Since I've seen the Cornwallis mentioned quite a bit recently, I thought I'd share mine.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.