• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Clifton? I know its discontinued, but Burgundy seconds are available pretty cheap (they drop to $129 during sales, I believe), and it would be a good way to acquire another shade for the wardrobe. It seems like a decent looking shoe from pics.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Clifton? I know its discontinued, but Burgundy seconds are available pretty cheap (they drop to $129 during sales, I believe), and it would be a good way to acquire another shade for the wardrobe. It seems like a decent looking shoe from pics.

I am a fan of the Clifton...I do not own but always think it looks good when others post pictures.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They fit like a slipper...so I took a nap...DSL so better image...still ugly legs

rostov

Reaction score
By the way... I received a $35 coupon with my recrafting. I wasn't expecting this! I'm not sure if they always do this, or if it's a limited-time promotion?

It looks like I might pass-up on the 2-for-$300 closeouts sale and leverage my $250 store-credit and $35 coupon on some firsts. The only question is on what? Probably the Shreveport or an MTO... unless it's the Shreveport, I'll probably wait as long as possible before the coupon expires to see if any sales come up (Labor Day?)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

By the way... I received a $35 coupon with my recrafting. I wasn't expecting this! I'm not sure if they always do this, or if it's a limited-time promotion?

It looks like I might pass-up on the 2-for-$300 closeouts sale and leverage my $250 store-credit and $35 coupon on some firsts. The only question is on what? Probably the Shreveport or an MTO... unless it's the Shreveport, I'll probably wait as long as possible before the coupon expires to see if any sales come up (Labor Day?)

They always do that.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, I'm not even on the list. Must be slacking...

I do read a lot, though.
I was surprised to see that you were not too, but also that I was so high on it even after taking a break. Hope all is well, you slacker
biggrin.gif

Just finished polishing up my two pairs from the AE line, and I'm impressed with how well they are wearing over time. I picked up a pair of discontinued black New Haven and chili Provo, treated them with the AE waterproofing spray, and wore them through the winter months.

I'm pretty surprised by the lack of creases given how much I've worn them.

Also looking forward to a bit of shell shoe care at some point this weekend.

The Strands on the right are in dire need of some lovin'.

Have a great weekend, gentlemen.
smile.gif
I love seeing pictures of well cared for shoes, especially ones that go through rough climates- I understand that only too well. They look great and you have done an excellent job IMO. Good luck on the shell this weekend there is no doubt in my mind that they will turn out fantastic also. And a good weekend to all as well.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
My kid, who now has the same size 13 shoe that I have, wants to wear my shell Daltons when he performs with his band (he's only 13). He wants to wear them with jeans and an OCBD untucked to get what he calls "the Dave Mustaine look". Should I let him rock the Daltons? I'm usually pretty gentle with shoes and I know he will not be as easy on them as I am. ha ha I think it's probably OK.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My kid, who now has the same size 13 shoe that I have, wants to wear my shell Daltons when he performs with his band (he's only 13).  He wants to wear them with jeans and an OCBD untucked to get what he calls "the Dave Mustaine look".  Should I let him rock the Daltons?     I'm usually pretty gentle with shoes and I know he will not be as easy on them as I am.  ha ha  I think it's probably OK.

They are only shoes. There would be no question in my mind.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear the same 8D on the last 5 and the lasalle is on Last 8 which fit me PERFECT, no break in time, straight out of the box comfortable.

I also have the lasalle chilli. If you wanna see the color in person PM me.

Thanks for the sizing advice. I'll let you know;I'm out of town for a couple days and think I'll make the purchase before the sale finishes or my size goes OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads