1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

@misterellington that was a great read.

2 people like this.
  2. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of LWBs that I wear when I know it's going to rain. Otherwise, I just live with it. Water welts go away, and if they don't, wet-brush the shoes and condition them.

That sucks - even worse that they won't take it down. So frustrating dude, sorry to hear it.

3. Al Dente

Al Dente Well-Known Member

I looked at the second picture and can see why he wanted to use yours!

4. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

Same here. I apply Alden Leather Defender, but try to avoid wearing cordovan when there's a high chance of rain as well. Been caught a few times though in rain, and cordovan cleans up just fine afterwards.

5. Tawm

Tawm Member

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes we are honoring the sale prices for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, if you would rather order from us directly. It does have to be the exact same style and color that they are selling. Unfortunately, I don’t see the Dalton Dark Chocolate Calf as part of the sale on Nordstrom’s site. You can call us to order at 1-800-235-2348 if you do find something you would rather order from us directly. All you have to do is ask for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale price.

Have a great day,

6. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

Seersucker today because of the heat, figured I'd break out the leather/linen Strawfuts:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I had these and loved them - they were just too big on me and it turns out I never had much of a chance to wear them - My Boca Raton fills my summer shoe need now but I did like that Strawfut

8. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Been a minute since these black McT's have seen the outside of a shoe box. I typically just rock the stock brown laces, but for some reason decided to throw some blue ones to match my shirt (and part of the socks that you can't see). Undecided on the look.

I know these don't get much love here, mainly because they are a walking contradiction, but I think they work really well... with the right outfit and the proper setting. With that said, I MUCH prefer my natural wax McT's over these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Well-Known Member

What is the most versatile/appropriate brown for use with suits? In other words, if you could only have one brown shoe, what color brown would you choose?

10. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

If you are talking calf and "regular" browns, I say dark brown > burnished chili > bourbon >>> lighter colors, such as walnut. Now, if you are talking shell and/or the difference between subtle browns - I'll step aside and let the shell pros chime in.

11. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

Brown Burnished for suits. Dark Chili Burnished is also beautiful and versatile, but a little less conservative. Bourbon is dressy enough for a suit but more limiting. Walnut is not terribly versatile, but a great color nonetheless.

My personal order of preference (greatest to least), in general (not specifically for suits): Dark Chili > Brown > Walnut > Bourbon.

12. JLnoir

JLnoir Well-Known Member

My new golf shoes the AE Fort Worth (just waiting for them to come in). Then I'll post some real pics.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

I absolutely love these shoes for warm summer days, especially at the track with a nice straw hat. I just wish these were unlined. It seems crazy to have linen with a leather lining, especially since the mesh ones are unlined (I believe?).

14. acct

acct Member

Ok thanks, I'll go to an AE store to get fitted again. Given that I ended up only paying 220 with tax for the park ave firsts, I think I'll keep them and *hope* they don't have same bowing issue as my strands.

15. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Wearing my new Big Sur in 95 degree weather [​IMG]. Liking them a lot so far. I've always stayed away from the 1-511 but so far so good. If nothing else, getting these crazy finds at bcf lets you take a chance on lasts you're not sure of.

I have 2 nashuas, 7.5D. 7 anything I was touching the front. Maxfield 7D was quite tight but are breaking in well and I am wearing them quite often now.

1 person likes this.
  16. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

Not really lame imo...I too much prefer the McAllister, in all ways, to the Jefferson.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  17. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Well-Known Member

18. Maxy

Maxy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  19. evolved

evolved Well-Known Member

Am I reading that correctly? $645?

Take that money, go purchase a Saddleback leather briefcase that will likely be of higher quality.....take the remainder cash and buy a few pair of low priced Shoebank shoes, lol.

1 person likes this.
  20. garland

garland Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.