1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

This is pretty common for me. Actually noticed it today on my Rogues, after wearing them for the 2nd time. I attribute it to my low arches/flat feet not filling up the shoe at that spot.

2. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

I looked at the brown also. Great looking shoe. I was looking for something a little more casual though. Can't beat natty cxl for jeans and the low end of business casual.

3. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

I love both the Clark Street and the Oak Street, in brown and natural.
    I'd also love to hit the lottery so I could by all the AE shoes that I like.

4. misterellington

misterellington Well-Known Member

Broke these out for their maiden voyages in the last five days—the Snuff Suede “Schautal” (a tobacco-hued suede MacNeil that was a limited make-up for Nordstrom's that can now be found in limited numbers at east Coast Burlington Coat Factory stores for about $119.00-$139.00) and the Navy Suede “Stewart” (A “Leeds” suede variant, another limited make-up—this one for Land's End and also found at Burlington for $99.00—but only at one of the five here in NYC and this ONE pair).

Both boast the double sole, but contrary to what I've read others say here—the break-in time seems short and sweet. After an hour of wearing each, these shoes were so comfortable that it was uncanny. Which makes me feel stupendous as I too have now embarked on the “How many AEs can I accumulate in a short time frame?” quest. The answer? Six pairs in four months. These two, the rare Walnut “Hollywood” Web Gem, a pair of gorgeous Black “Haight” Chelsea Boots, a pair of awesome Brown Burnished “Jodox”, and Black Suede “Grayson” Tasseled Loafers.

Damn it to hell...I GET IT now. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. mreams99

It just dawned on me....
    I haven't received a shipping notification for a pair I ordered when I stopped by Jeffersonville on Saturday.
    I guess they probably won't be here tomorrow, like I had originally hoped.

6. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I don't always get shipping notifications when I buy from the shoe bank in person.

7. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

If you sign up for a FedEx Delivery Manager account FedEx will email you when it ships and when it's delivered.

8. mreams99

Thank you.
    I just registered, and found that nothing has been shipped.
    That's a huge disappointment.

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I would just call them if I were you. They'll straigjten it out for you. Their team is great.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  10. mreams99

Thanks. They weren't open yet, so I shot them an email. My biggest worry is that I still see them listed on the Shoebank. I realize that they may have more than one pair, but in my size that seems to be uncommon.

11. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

They'll make it right. Similar issue happened to me, long story short I bought a pair of Walnut BB strands and the finish fell off the captoe after one wear and they took them back. They didn't have any more left in stock because they accidentally sold my replacement pair, no reply for 2 months. They ended up sending me a pair of firsts in any shoe I wanted (Rutledge). It was probably a lucky situation, but it shows how great their customer service is.

12. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Well-Known Member

Oh, I definitely think the natural chromexcel Clark Street is more attractive than the dark brown. I just couldn't justify another light colored shoe when I was in need of a dark brown shoe. If I could justify another pair, however...

13. tlaborie

tlaborie New Member

With the posts on creasing, etc, I wanted to get some fit advice.

I am an 11C using the AE fit guide. I tried the Strand in 11C and it fit well although the toe is a little long.

I'd rather get the Rogue. Since it is only made in B and C widths and it's made on the 201 last ( as opposed to the Strand's 65/5 last), which size would folks recommend?

Thanks,

T

14. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Well-Known Member

I took a quick look through this thread, and didn't see it mentioned: Does anyone know what's up with the MacNeil 2.0? I can't immediately see the difference.

15. garland

garland Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Its going to be some small changes to the uppers. No piping on the topline, slightly different seaming techniques, with the addition of a poron pad and either a butyl sole or a dainite depending on the style. Basically they're updated enough to warrant a new name designation.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  16. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. It looked ever so slightly different, for the better, in pictures but the difference was small (and the new pictures are better). I was hoping for a different last. I think the MacNeil on the same last as the Leeds would be a definite winner.

17. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Do you think the cordovan models will be updated to the 2.0 version also?

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I like the fuller toe and and raised upper... I think it is an upgrade yet not so massive as the Alden longwing which I find clown like especially in my size 13...in smaller sizes it looks better

19. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Bourbon moras came in today. Fit like gloves. I've wanted a pair for over 2 years.

20. garland

garland Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.