1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

I want to get a burgundy wingtip balmoral. So might look into the Cambridge.

2. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

After receiving my BC Carlyles, I've concluded AE needs to make these in shell. Perhaps I'll do a MTO...

3. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

I have them in navy shell. They're beautiful.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  4. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

Wow... just fantastic

5. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

I just found a pair of SMU black shell Carlyle seconds on the shelf in my size at an AE outlet. $149. They are perfect except for a tiny little fold at the heel seam on the left shoe. Pics later, they are beautiful!

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

149????

7. RitchieBro

Yup

8. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:Yup

Which outlet was that? Leeds?

9. zinski1990

zinski1990 Member

I'll admit I'm not a big AE fan as I find most of their styles and models a little boring. Not bashing the brand at all because they do make great products. Out of all the models they have there's just one that I have and it's the only one I found appealing. It's the Strand model which is one of the nicest wingtip brogues I've ever seen on any shoes. The vintage Florsheims are probably my favorite wing styles overall. I ordered a pair of beautiful Strands off ebay for a great deal of 65 bucks the other day. I can't wait to get them probably in 2 days.

10. RitchieBro

PM'd you.

11. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

Those look great. Any idea what colors of shell are currently available?

12. garland

garland Well-Known Member

Black, brown, and burgundy are the only colors currently available.

13. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Chilli Bleecker St today,

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Chili calf/grain regent streets here...
    [​IMG]

15. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Hopefully they will have another trunk show with additional colors available!

16. J One

J One Well-Known Member

I just saw a pair of Jefferson's Brown Shell at the Shoebank for $475, what is your take on them?

17. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Jeffersons are a great shoe, many love them because they aren't quite as busy as the McAllister. Plus of course all the great Independence line extra features.

18. J One

J One Well-Known Member

Here is were I am on the fence; This Jefferson brown shell cordovan are priced at $475 while Alden seconds on shell cordovan are priced at $425 so $50 less and I could get me some Alden's. Now what's interesting is the fact that they are from the Independence collection and are Brown Shell. Have any of the readers from this thread seen this set up even on a different model shoe I am curious about your opinion on them.

19. tyort1

tyort1 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's how it starts :p I just wanted a couple of nice work shoes that were comfortable and I could walk in. That was 2 years ago and 12 pairs of AE shoes later....

1 person likes this.
  20. AndyC

AndyC Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from, but the odds of a brown (cigar) shell Alden showing up as a second, in your size, is akin finding a needle in a haystack. If by some rare occurrence a pair does show up, you then have to be lucky enough to be sitting in front of your computer at the very second the email shows up. You then have to call instantly, and be lucky enough to beat the other 50 people that are simultaneously calling TSM. I wish I was exaggerating, but if you've purchased seconds from TSM before, you know I'm not. I would jump on these Jeffersons, and if by some stroke of luck you find the Aldens, sell the Jeffersons and play the lotto that night.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.