• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwaker

Reaction score

How would you describe the 8d barrie vs 8,5D leeds fit?

The taper to the toe area of the 1-last cramps my toes and the area by the ball of the foot is also quite snug. However, the overall snugness of the 1-last has resulted in an excellent symmetry of the rolls between the left and right shoe.
My foot is much better suited to the Barrie last.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a better picture of the Frontier...can not really see what the side material is...I nearly MTO's a burgundy/black Dalton so I kind of like that...The Wright is very cool too and the only hold up on that one I think would be for people wearing in multiple times a week I would be concerned about the look the stitch goes through. In my rotation it would be fine getting worn a few times a month.

feyy

Reaction score
Some interesting designs coming out of the Allen Edmonds + Parsons collab this year. The winning design will be offered as a webgem. I personally like both The Bleecker Street and The Wright.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ParsonView?langId=-1&catalogId=40000000001

if you click through, you can see the student's presentations which include lots concept designs and variations of the eventual submission:

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_MichelleBrown.pdf

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_ElizabethGordon.pdf

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_Rheza.pdf

http://content.allenedmonds.com/pdf/Parsons_HannahSmith.pdf

Quote:

she says its salmon leather

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having watched the video's the Wright I think would have looked very cool done in the original drawing..it almost seemed like AE was going to take whatever they designed and then just fit it to an existing shoe...I really liked that stained glass design he had for the full lacing. He does say just because it is on paper does not mean you can do it in the shoe...which in my mind is saying some old designer at AE said it has to be a certain way and that is that...

The Sprata seems like a darkhorse to win...again another one where the design was more monkstrap that stitched on piece of leather over a loafer.

Any way very cool project I would buy whichever shoe wins just to support a cool thing like this.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Bleeker St is pretty hot.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah good point...I thought that was a given...LOL

I mean they could control the vote by just emailing the ballot to existing AE customers so one of the designers with Social Media skills would not run away with it.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Yeah good point...I thought that was a given...LOL

I mean they could control the vote by just emailing the ballot to existing AE customers so one of the designers with Social Media skills would not run away with it.

Not trying to American Idol'ized the process but I think AE can really get some publicity from this and I think the applicants can get more recognition for their work. Crow voting can be counted as a criteria when grading these models.

PS. Paul-if you reading this, PM me and I'll consult you, the cost will be a pair of the winning shoes.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

chrispy650

Reaction score
So the first time I wore my Mora's out they were the loudest squeaky shoe I have ever heard. It was pretty embarrassing walking around the office. I put some conditioner on but somehow the left shoe is still squeaky. Not as loud as before but pretty loud. Any suggestions? Or is the only way to walk around the house until they break in because I definitely do not want to walk in the office with the noise they make.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the first time I wore my Mora's out they were the loudest squeaky shoe I have ever heard. It was pretty embarrassing walking around the office. I put some conditioner on but somehow the left shoe is still squeaky. Not as loud as before but pretty loud. Any suggestions? Or is the only way to walk around the house until they break in because I definitely do not want to walk in the office with the noise they make.  

Some folks sprinkle some talc under the strap, others put a thin piece of felt.

I embrace the squeak.

;)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too am of the one squeaky Mora 2 shoe after leather lotion...I applied a second round of lotion and now the queek is way less..I did everything with the lotions inside outside all over...

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have another pair of shoes that does this - a blucher. There appears to be some friction at around the tonue area. Do I just sprinkle some talc onto the tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads