1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Clearly, it was a competitor envious of your AE purchase. Did the tow truck have an Alden sign on it by chance? :D

2. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

is there a website that shoes which shoes are on which last?

specifically - I'm looking for the Seneca.

thanks,
    GH

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I think it's general perception that the model number of the shoe has the last number in it. For example, the Quintons are model #6108 and they are on the 8 last. Unfortunately, it looks like the shoe might have been discontinued and I don't quickly see a model number for it anywhere. Your best bet now is to probably call Allen Edmonds.

4. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

The current website shows the last for each shoe. However, since the Seneca isn't on the current site, that doesn't address your question perfectly.

5. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

Looks like 4315. so if I fit into a 9D in the Seneca's, I should have no problem with 9D Park Aves since they are both on the 5 last?

6. Winston S.

That is the general consensus. I ordered a pair of Quintons and that's how I decided on what size to get too. I tried on the Del Rays which are on the same last.

7. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Well-Known Member

AllenEdmonds.com now allows you to sort all of their current shoes by last. Won't help you if they don't carry the Seneca on their site, of course.

8. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Well-Known Member

I just score some brand new Park Avenues in black for $ 190.00
    pretty happy with the deal. I really needed a classic black dress shoe

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Has AE made the "LEEDS" model in a pebbled leather beside the smooth that is being offered currently on their website?

i.e. these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  10. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

does anyone have the Strand in a Brown Burnished Calf? Wondering how they look in "real life". AE's website doesn't give you a good idea.

I'm either going to get the Strand or Kenilworth in brown. (and then have patrick_b shine them for me). :slayer::nodding:

Help/opinions please.

11. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

Also just picked these up for $86. Very happy about this

AE Seneca

12. RicPac

RicPac Well-Known Member

Whete do you guys find thede deals?

13. Winston S.

Check out post 32 and 40 in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/266390/allen-edmonds-sale/0_50#post_4869969

14. GHo

GHo Well-Known Member

thanks Winston for the headsup. both look great actually. any other brown burnished that look nice?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Well-Known Member

I've read that the "Sanderson" line of USA-made shoes sold by Ralph Lauren is made by Allen Edmonds.

Does anyone know what last these shoes are on?

16. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Pure liquid. Excellent work Patrick. Did you do a little dark blue creme, let dry, that follow with the KIWI wax? ir is this just KIWI wax, and if so, what colour did you use please?

17. natron20

natron20 Member

Hey everyone, first post.

I am in the process of upgrading my wardrobe and overall level of dress. I am trying my best to build a nice, versatile wardrobe. Unfortunately, I do not have much money so I am not able to buy the highest of quality items. HOWEVER, my parents said they would buy me a nice pair of shoes for Christmas so I am going to be getting a pair of AEs.

From all of you AE experts I could use some direction because this will be my first pair and probably my only pair for a long time I have to make sure I grab the right ones. My ideal shoe is one that can easily transition between casual and "dress". I am currently an RN who works in an operating room so these will not be for work. After much angst going back and forth I have narrowed my choices down to the Elgin or the Players shoe in snuff suede. Between those two which would you suggest for someone in my situation, not needed for work but can easily work casually or as a dress shoe.

As a side note, I have VERY wide feet. I have a pair of Florsheim's that are 10.5 EEE and they fit really well but still probably a tab too narrow. Anyway, would either the Elgin or Players Shoe look better or worse on a fat foot?

And I apologize, but I have yet another question. Because these shoes will be for Christmas I will not be able to get my hands on them for a while. If for some reason whichever shoe I choose does not work how easy would it be to exchange them 3 months after purchasing? What kind of customer service can I expect from AE?

Thank you all so much for your time. Sorry for crashing this thread but I figured anyone as serious about AEs as most in this thread are who else better to solicit advice. Thanks again!

18. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Well-Known Member

I like the Player's shoe better than Elgin. They took down the chocolate suede option from the website, but I think it looks better than snuff (chocolate has a darker, richer color to it). I was able to get a pair last week, but it didn't seem like they had many left at the store.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  19. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Well-Known Member

the bay...

20. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

I believe he said 3 layers of AE brown wax + 3 layers plain ole brown Kiwi wax. Amazing work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.