• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CMT, there is no such thing as an overabundance of pictures in this thread. Especially ones with the quality that your photography skills provide. I am currently convinced that the Bourbon is the best calf color AE provides. Please continue posting more photos.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • wdhab, those are striking. The color is gorgeous!

Hi guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster, and recent Allen Edmonds convert turned fanatic.

I stopped into the local brick and mortar during their Presidents Day sale and left with two discontinued pairs from their less-expensive "AE" line.

Chili Provo and Black New Haven:

The more I wore them, the more I fell in love with both pairs and wanted more Allen Edmonds shoes. While I was originally in the store, the Strands caught my eye and I ended up going back to the store. While I initially intended to purchase a pair in Walnut, I walked out with a pair of Bourbon Strands and am still smitten by the color. I just love it.

At this point the guys at the AE store knew I was hooked. I had been in at least five times in two weeks trying to decide upon my next shoe, and when they informed me that they had a line on another pair of Strands that seemed somewhat rare, I jumped on them:

Sorry for the overabundance of pics. I'm an avid Photography enthusiast who has spent time shooting professionally, so I tend to err on the side of far too many redundant photos of [insert passion du jour here]. Given this new affliction, I do not see myself affording any new glass for the camera bag any time soon.

I tell myself that I only need two more pairs of Cordovan Park Avenues, a black and burgundy set and I am "done," but I keep looking at the AE Web site and laughing.

Great thread!

Great pickup on the walnut cordovan. I have a feeling you're going to want to replace your "AE" line shoes with some from the regular line or maybe in shell someday
stirpot.gif

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

• [COLOR=000000]wdhab, those are striking. The color is gorgeous!
[/COLOR]
Hi guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster, and recent Allen Edmonds convert turned fanatic. At this point the guys at the AE store knew I was hooked. I had been in at least five times in two weeks trying to decide upon my next shoe, and when they informed me that they had a line on another pair of Strands that seemed somewhat rare, I jumped on them:
Congratulations for scoring those walnut shells! What's the size if you don't mind me asking? Btw, I love the JLC avatar.

Subutai

Reaction score

I tell myself that I only need two more pairs of Cordovan Park Avenues, a black and burgundy set and I am "done," but I keep looking at the AE Web site and laughing.

Great thread!

Great pick ups! Especially those shell Walnut Strands!

As for being "done" there isn't a single member on here who hasn't uttered those words . . . before coming home with new shells a week later!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whhab,
Great looking shoes! Congrats. Gonna be nice to see how those turn in color
nod[1].gif

zhanghagn0529

Reaction score
I want to share a discount information on Amazon with you guys. If you subscribe to the emails, you will get 20% off. The prices are always changing. I just got a pair of PA for $220 after discount last night.

Last edited:

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Allen Edmonds should fire their current website photographer and hire you. I'm dead serious. There's a reason why SF is full of shoe fit pics: website shoe pictures suck (doesn't matter if it's AE, Alden, C&J, whoever).

I'll bet if AE replaced their current Bourbon Strand pics with the two I quoted, sales of that makeup would increase 20% minimum overnight.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
Can any other PA owners advise? I have a question about getting the top lifts replaced on these black calf PAs. The toplift is well worn and from what I've gathered, it
is getting dangerously close to the leather. Can someone confirm if they are at the point of no return (have worn to the actual heel) and would need the whole base replaced as opposed to the typical heel replacement?

Compared to my Maxfields in chili calf it looks like there are two layers of rubber, but it is not as obvious with the black edge dressing. I ask because these are worn at that spot through the first layer but not the second layer.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

I hope and pray my Bourbon Fifth Streets look that great!! Bourbon can be a tricky color and isn't standard amongst all shoes… Fingers crossed I get the same burnisher (?) as you did!

Also, Walnut Shell Strands in 11.5D!? Thats lucky.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Allen Edmonds should fire their current website photographer and hire you. I'm dead serious. There's a reason why SF is full of shoe fit pics: website shoe pictures suck (doesn't matter if it's AE, Alden, C&J, whoever).

I'll bet if AE replaced their current Bourbon Strand pics with the two I quoted, sales of that makeup would increase 20% minimum overnight.

nod[1].gif

Having seen those pictures, I'm no longer sure I like walnut Strands better. I think those may be more versatile too.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • wdhab, those are striking. The color is gorgeous!

Hi guys. Longtime lurker, first time poster, and recent Allen Edmonds convert turned fanatic.

I stopped into the local brick and mortar during their Presidents Day sale and left with two discontinued pairs from their less-expensive "AE" line.

Chili Provo and Black New Haven:

The more I wore them, the more I fell in love with both pairs and wanted more Allen Edmonds shoes. While I was originally in the store, the Strands caught my eye and I ended up going back to the store. While I initially intended to purchase a pair in Walnut, I walked out with a pair of Bourbon Strands and am still smitten by the color. I just love it

At this point the guys at the AE store knew I was hooked. I had been in at least five times in two weeks trying to decide upon my next shoe, and when they informed me that they had a line on another pair of Strands that seemed somewhat rare, I jumped on them:

Sorry for the overabundance of pics. I'm an avid Photography enthusiast who has spent time shooting professionally, so I tend to err on the side of far too many redundant photos of [insert passion du jour here]. Given this new affliction, I do not see myself affording any new glass for the camera bag any time soon.

Great thread!

I recognize these pics
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How bout Macluv Monday (nite)?:

burgundy shell daltons and brown shell townleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads