1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like they added anything new… maybe there are more sizes available.

2. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing these since I was also considering them. What kind of sole?

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'll try true to size and see...

I was told the Players in Sand Suede were "defective", which I thought all seconds were. These must be bad.

4. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

I will know what kind of sole for sure when the Khaki (Grain) McTavishs arrive. In the Shoebank picture it looks a leather sole. If it's leather, I'll have TOPY sole protectors put on.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Did you ask specifics? I"m going to call later today and ask them to give it a once over.

6. taylorphelps

taylorphelps Member

Are they going to be open today?

7. 7_rocket

Eh? Why wouldn't they?

8. taylorphelps

taylorphelps Member

Just wasn't sure how they're handling MLK Jr. Day.

9. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

yes they will be open today.[​IMG]
    While Allen Edmonds is an American institution, it is thankfully not a government entity. Buy a pair of shoes today and support American jobs and the American economy![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  10. 7_rocket

Ah right. I'm from Canada, didn't know about that

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

They might be sad from the Packers loss last night [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Out of respect to the thread, I have spoiler-alerted the following...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My friend, while your Brown Shell McNeils are a very nice shell longwing, I will continue to consume these shell LWBs. [​IMG]

13. taylorphelps

taylorphelps Member

I've decided to keep this pair. I got them to adjust the price to the current price of a first ($297).

The associate offered to take them back and send another pair, but I'm not willing to risk getting a pair with worse issues, like a torn liner for instance. She also offered to adjust to the price of seconds ($237) but I would be ineligible for any other customer service aside from recrafting. Not willing to take that risk either.

14. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

^The Alden LWBs look much better than AE MacNeils, IMO. And I'm so glad I went with AE McGregors, which look even better. :p

15. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Glad to see you were able to work something out with this shoes.

Can I ask why 2nds Pricing would preclude you from any other customer service other than recrafting? I was always under the assumption that AE's 2nds still fall under their guarantee, with the exception of the "minor cosmetic blemishes" which qualify it for 2nd Pricing. From the SB site: "Our Factory-Second shoes contain a minor cosmetic blemish that does not affect the fit, comfort or durability of our shoes."

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what "customer service" you would be losing out on with 2nds Pricing...

16. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Not to turn this into a LWB debate, but as an owner of both a shell MacNeil and shell Alden LWB, I've always found myself thinking the MacNeil is the better looking shoe. But I also like my Alden LWB a lot, so it's not like I'm down on it or anything. I think the lasts used on these two LWBs are different enough that often people will like like over the other.

17. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

18. taylorphelps

taylorphelps Member

I think what she meant is, with seconds pricing, they wouldn't be able to take them back for any related or unrelated cosmetic issues in the future. At seconds pricing, if the tongue tear grows or the leather bubbles after just a few wears, I'd be on my own. Keeping them at first pricing keeps me covered for either case since all they did was a price adjustment. They'd take care of functionality issues regardless of first/second pricing.

Maybe I'm mistaken. I'm just trying to play it safe.

19. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Gotcha--thanks.

20. mry8s

mry8s Well-Known Member

I went casual and pulled the Neumoks. The players were a little too virginal for me.

Unfortunately I couldn't get a concrete reason for them to be seconds. Sales dude said he saw no issues with them. I figured I was putting up $10 to bet against him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.