1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxfordcomma

oxfordcomma Member

I need a pair of black dress shoes and I'm hoping to buy some Allen Edmonds. The one store in my area that caries them does not carry my size (7.5D according to Allen Edmonds size guide). I live in Canada and Allen Edmonds does not offer free shipping here, so I'd like to order a used pair to test my fit. I wear black dress shoes less than 5 times per year (but the events are somewhat important), and right now I only have an Aldo derby style with a squared off toe.

How do these look? They seem to me like they are in pretty nice condition. In the picture where the soles are shown: does the tip of the toe look too worn?
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/436119/allen-edmonds-park-avenue-7-5d

2. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I don't think the toe tips are too worn. That's just what happens when you walk and accidentally drag your toe on something. I have a few pairs of AE with only a handful of wears that already have similar-looking toe wear (uneven cobblestones and sidewalks in Boston and Chicago will do that to shoes, sadly).

The shoes look in fairly good shape, especially for the price. The only evidence of much wear on the uppers is the fairly mild vamp creasing on the left shoe.

3. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

They look like they have only been worn a handful of times, I say go for it if you want to try the sizing out and need a black dress shoe to replace the Aldo.

Edit: If you are in a major city you could try out Kijiji. I have had luck and scored two pairs of almost new Daltons for $125 each there.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. oxfordcomma

oxfordcomma Member

Thanks for the information. I did notice the creasing, but figured this would happen after a few wears if I bought new anyway.

Halifax, 0 pairs available on Kijiji.

I have let the seller know I'd like to purchase these - thanks for the info.

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I always liked the flat iron just felt it would not look as nice on my foot.

Just swapped laces on the shell Bayfield...they feel really good after their Lexol treatment...hmmm seemed to wear my grey pants...thought I put on the navy ones...second time in a week this happened to me..lol

[​IMG]

6. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Well my Strands may not be a fancy Trunk show MTO but they sure are beautiful imo haha, they are also one of my best fitting shoes. The 5 last works great for my foot shape.

Really looking forward to how these age considering the great color variation already on them. I think I have only worn them under 10 times now but they impress me every time and I wonder why I don't reach for them more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

Those strands look great!

8. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Color 8 Dundees from -20° C Toronto today. I love this colour more and more everyday.

9. mw313

mw313 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I use that for my leads!

10. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Agree that those are well under rated. Enjoy! I do enjoy my slight twist on that model having the antique edges (medium brown transparent).
    Wow, isn't that too cold for those boots? There should be a temperature range that they can tolerate.
    Looking good.
    Looking good Chris. Those have too much style for me though, I can't pull them off.
    Ah, back to Shell. Looking good Kah! Enjoy them! -Mike

11. tradbrah

tradbrah Well-Known Member

Went with the Cliftons today. I'm going to hit these with some Lexol and some light brown polish to darken them up some. They are a little too orangey for my tastes. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Allen Dreadmon

I've never heard of this. Please elaborate!

I didn't stay outside for long...

13. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

LoL. I did not mean to scare you. I was just joking.

I was saying there should be!!! I am pretty sure a horse has been exposed to that before. It'll be fine!

14. Allen Dreadmon

And here I was, wondering if there was some thread I missed about exposing shell to sub zero temperatures! Haha.

15. BigYeech

BigYeech Member

Does anybody have pics/a review of their Gobi Chukka? Preferably the suede kind, but I mostly want to see how it fits/looks.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Iove it...I went a width down from my 511 sizing

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

18. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

Another Torontonian, went with black delays today with the tap sole. Shells fine in the cold I've been wearing my Leeds a fair bit. My shell dundees and strands are inside shoes only until the spring.

19. BigYeech

BigYeech Member

Thanks!

20. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

They look great! And the trousers are slick too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.