1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

I don't have to walk much outside, so these are ok for now. But something with better traction and suit-worthy will definitely be much better..

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

Cordovan McGraws today

[​IMG]

4. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

This answer may have missed the initial question's intent, but thank you for this explanation!

1 person likes this.
  5. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Hmm...so did anyone else notice they changed the name of the Jomoc to Jodox? Wonder what the deal was behind that.

6. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

That is interesting since the Jodox was in the AE 2012 Supplemental Catalog with item numbers 6817 (black) and 6847 (brown). On the AE website now, the numbers are 4611 (black) and 4612 (tan saddle).

Chris

7. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know these are RL Polo branded boots, but does anyone think they might possibly be made by AE?

8. lemmy127

lemmy127 Well-Known Member

$149 full retail and it being an imported good makes me say no.

9. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

Appreciate it!....thats all i need to know...better just go for a real boot directly from AE then.

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Delete

11. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

Black shell doesn't get a lot of love on here, but I've recently bought a pair of Cambridges in said black shell.

I know a lot of people use the Mac method with burgundy and brown shell to bring out the natural colour and variation in the shell over time - does anyone do anything different with black shell? Given that variation isn't really desirable. I.e. more cordovan cream or polish...?

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

13. hohneokc

I received my brown grain Long Branches from the Shoe Bank. No real issues - some slight marks on the leather (the grain leather hides them well and I figure they are going to get some marks anyway) and the left boot eye stays are slightly off, but not enough for me to send them back (my wife didn't notice until I pointed it out).

The welt is darker than the AE website shows and these do have the Vibram Gumlite sole instead of the Vibram "yellow label" sole shown on the AE website - but both are fine with me. Included both red and brown laces - I like the red.

Very comfortable - the grain leather is much softer than my Dalton boots. These are going to be some nice foul weather weekend boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris

14. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

How did you size compared to Daltons?

15. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

With all the discussion on the shoebank, thought I would contribute in case anyone finds this helpful. Made 4 purchases so far. I'm anti-internet, won't buy anything online, etc. Don't ask. Went to the B&M Freeport store for all of this. Tried on many many pairs and wound up with the following -

Red Neumoks - loose threads/stiching, some stains inside one of the shoes but overall nothing major. Pretty happy, apart from seeing them discontinued and the price drop within one month of buying ... :)

Black Park Ave - Some nasty scuffs/scratches on one of the two shoes similar to pictures one of the other members had posted, towards the heel of one shoe. Nothing else whatsoever. Very happy with this, I felt the pricepoint was well worth it.

Black McTavish - Major structural damage to the left shoe - almost like a hole in the stiching connecting the sole to the shoe. Not sure how I didn't notice this in the store. Made the left shoe feel way too narrow compared to the right. Wound up bring the shoes back to a retail AE store for an exchange after I had worn them a bit. They put up a fuss but exchanged them nevertheless. New pair had a lot more scuffs, stains, etc. but the fit was correct this time. This, plus the fact that they went discontinued, not happy with this purchase.

Black Daltons - Some scuffs, etc. but nothing major. Someone had put full vibram lug soles on them instead of the standard sole, so looks a little weird but I haven't minded so far. Wouldn't wear it with really formal dress though, but I got these at a steal, so who cares.

16. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention - Give an A++ to the SAs at the Freeport store - absolute best people I have ever dealt with. Absolute saints. Do not hesitate to buy from this store, contact them, etc. They were miles and miles above anyone I have ever dealt with.

17. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

Sorry - forgot to comment on the earlier thread. I myself take the same size in the 65 and 97 last, but for the 97 I'm basing this on the Grayson/Jermyn/Lakeshore, etc. I have never tried the MacNeil, so I can't say if that is different.

18. hohneokc

I got the same size as the Dalton and the fit is very similar.

Chris

19. mry8s

mry8s Well-Known Member

Regarding Daltons / Long Branch..

I spent a bit of time getting my LB size for a custom MTO and decided that I was an 11 in the Long Branch when a 10.5 E might have been best in the Dalton. In retrospect I think 11 was right for both beacuse of where the ball of my feet is.

I think also the Dalton doesn't have the Poron liner that the Long Branch does, which could affect fit a bit.

20. Certified Pain

Certified Pain Active Member

Wore my Neumoks today and sent my Strands out for re-crafting.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.