1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreedBird

FreedBird Well-Known Member

So I'm digging this one up from a long time ago, but since it is boot season I thought it was fitting. A few years back I got my hands on a pair of boots that was a prototype for the Independence line. It was called the Gwinnett if I remember correctly in a leather the called walnut haus and was very different then anything else AE has offered in the boot category. It would be awesome if something like this got introduced again. Here are some pictures to enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Waiting at doctor's office. Little one has a fever...[​IMG]

3. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

What's the lowest price have the Jeffersons been on the Shoebank?

4. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope they feel better. At least dad looks good!

5. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:I want to say they had an independance line sale around july 4th. I think they were all $250 maybe.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I got my black ones for $186 once through fluke Amazon pricing, plus stacked codes. :)

7. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

Appreciate it kahuna. Where you still trying to get some oxblood bleecker street ?

8. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

Those are nice! What last are they built on?

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike. Just found out my little one has the flu. Hopefully I won't contract it also... [​IMG]

BTW, the AE strand in walnut is an icon in American shoes, imho. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. FreedBird

FreedBird Well-Known Member

They were on the 2 last, perhaps why they didn't move forward with production. Although now that the Eagle County is so popular sizing wouldn't be as much of an issue. I'm somewhat curious to see if they still had the pattern available if there would be interest in a MTO of this style.

11. Trader George

Trader George Well-Known Member

EDIT: No Longer Available.

Hey guys, before I post this I just want to ask that if this is against the forum rules in any way, please inform me and I will edit my post right away.

I thought I'd post here because the Jos A Bank shoe trees are identical to those of Allen Edmonds, the only difference being the name plate on them.

I've got a Jos A Bank gift card with a $49.14 balance. I have no intentions of using this any time soon, and I have more shoe trees than I have shoes, so those won't be an issue either. Jos A Bank currently has their shoe trees on sale for $8.50 each. 5 pairs of trees would total to $42.50 before tax.

If anybody is interested in 5 pairs of shoe trees, I can purchase them with the gift card and have them shipped to you. I'm only asking for $35, so that'd be $7 per pair, no tax included.

Again, please let me know if this is against the rules and I will remove this post right away.

Thanks

12. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

Quick question.

What sort of sale, if any, is to be expected for the Dalton boots this holiday season? I'm thinking about buying a pair using one of the online gift card buying websites, which would allow me to snag a pair for roughly $360. I'm in a 9E and don't see any seconds in the color I'm after (Chocolate calf). I won't need these til early January when I start work, so I'm willing to wait for a Christmas sale if there will be one.

Thanks guys.

13. Nolaman

Nolaman Well-Known Member

Question, I have been eyeing a pair of McGregors in bourbon for a while now (likely 2nds from shoebank). I have since noticed a pair of brown Williams on shoebank in my size for $225. I'm not familiar with them, but they appear to be a part of the Independence line. Would that make these a steal at that price? Anyone have an idea how they would compare to the McGregors?

Adivce/thoughts much appreciated.
    Thanks

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

It's a very similar style: dressy LWB with single sole and flat welt, but on a very different (and tricky to fit) last. The 222. Some go up either a length or width from their 5 last size. I size the same for both lasts. Depends on your foot shape.

The Independence uogrades are nice. The upper leather is noticeably higher quality. Some find the insole makes it slightly tighter.

15. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

I just received a $200 AE gift card, and I'm not sure if it's worth getting a pair of walnut Jeffersons right now for $389 (Shoebank)/$495 + tax (firsts).

16. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Well-Known Member

If someone else is subsidizing as much as $200, I'd go for the firsts.

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I've been seeing the eagle country in grey. Has anyone purchased this? I don't think I've seen anyone post grey eagle country

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Where? I have never heard of/seen a grey Eagle County. It did come in black originally.

19. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Mitty

Mitty Member

Would anyone happen to have a promo code that they're not going to use? The checkout shows a field for a coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.