1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

Depends on the color....brown, burgundy yes
    Black, navy no

1 person likes this.
  2. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I was able to add a 13 and it worked with the code...not buying it as d width in that last does not fit my foot well...

1 person likes this.
  4. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

The only problem is that once you have one, you still want the other. I've been mulling over black MacNeils that are available in my size at Shoebank, and I'm wondering if it's too early to start buying up Christmas presents to myself.

Do you have any other 5 last shoes? My Cambridge fit the same as my PA and Strands, with a good amount of room in D width.

5. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the lasts. My shoes are in my signature. Can you shed any light?

6. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Sure. Your Lexington and McTavish are both made from the 5 last, so the Cambridge should be sized and fit the same as these shoes.

7. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Well-Known Member

Awesome. Those are my favorite fitting shoes.

8. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

I own three 5-last shoes: Black Hills (my first AE ever), burgundy Cambridge and the new Bleecker Streets. The BH might be slightly snug, the Cambridge is a wee bit large,esp in the width, but as the day goes on, my foot seems to flatten out and it fits nicely. I like them a lot. Bleecker street has been a perfect fit since day one. I'm 10D in the 5 last, although 9.5 on the brannock. Do eettt!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  9. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

Wow. My cambridges look absolutely terrible compared to yours. I think it's because the wings are way too high up on the shoe, so it doesn't make them look sleek at all.... Unfortunately, I doubt I could get a return at this point.

10. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Definitely not too early to start Xmas shopping for yourself.....just called the Freeport ME store this morning to order some boots I saw pop up on the SB site......this is a dangerous addiction :D

11. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but I really like mine. Especially now that everyone is getting Oxblood calf, it's nice to have the Burgundy shell. ;)

Sort of the same reason I'm so excited about Natural shell Strands. Oh, you have Walnut calf? That's cool...

(I kid, of course! All 4 shoes mentioned above are awesome.)

1 person likes this.
  12. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

Actually, this isn't necessarily true. The McTavish runs notoriously big compared to calf/shell 5-65 balmorals, and the Lexington is a blucher which can be more forgiving with regard to width and instep.

13. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Enjoy! :slayer:

It's probably because mine are new. They only have four or five wears on them and about a week's worth of brushing. It's going to be interesting to see how they age going forward.

Have you started buying shell yet? That's when it got dangerous for me. I only have three pairs, but I'm addicted. I think I want a pair of shell MacNeil or maybe Leeds next, but I haven't given up on the black PAs that escaped me during the last shell seconds sale. I might source a first-quality pair of those as I'd like to expand my black shoe options.

Great info as I have no specific experience with either shoe.

Given the generous width of the Cambridge, at least in my personal experience, he likely does have a decent shot at a similar fit, but you're right in that it's ultimately still a guessing game. Best of luck for a one-shot fitment, Josh!

14. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Have you started buying shell yet? That's when it got dangerous for me. I only have three pairs, but I'm addicted. I think I want a pair of shell MacNeil or maybe Leeds next, but I haven't given up on the black PAs that escaped me during the last shell seconds sale. I might source a first-quality pair of those as I'd like to expand my black shoe options./quote]

Not yet, but I am seriously considering making my first purchase during the upcoming shell trunk MTO sale and getting some MTO Strands without the medallion as in this pic from a fellow SF member:
    [​IMG]

However, I think I may be tempted to get a bit bolder color like navy or dark green...:slayer:

15. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Nice. That looks awesome. :cheers:

16. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Did you pull the trigger?

17. catside

catside Well-Known Member

I am a 9 in MacNeils and 9E in Long Branch. What size would the Dundees fit you think? Seems same last as Long Branch but looks much different.

18. LanceM

LanceM Well-Known Member

How many pairs of walnut shoes do you guys have? I have two, thinking about 3.

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

1. Rutledge. And I rarely wear it. Thinking of selling them, but they're so nice, and I got a great deal on them...

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.