1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Does anyone here own a pair of PORTLAND boots, or any other shoe made on the 333 Last? I'd like to buy a pair since the Shoe Bank is having its sale, but I don't know how to size them. I am an 8C in the 65 Last (i.e. Strands, McAllisters) and want to know if a 7.5D in the 333 Last would work, since they have it available on the Shoe Bank website...

Thoughts?

2. dave42

dave42 Member

PSA: Shoebank.com is now reflecting the 20% off tent sale prices. Snagged a Burgundy Shell Dalton that just popped up in my size this morning for $439. Not as great as the Shell sales at $325, but figured it was still a good deal due to the rarity of any shell options for my B width foot.

Now just to decide whether to return the bourbon Dalton I recently bought, or keep both.

Also, Terri at the Jeffersonville store also no longer works there; seems to have left around the same time Jill did. Wonder what happened, as they both have provided me with excellent service.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Superb shoes and great ensemble. Well done.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Nice score - congrats....wearing my bourbon Daltons right now :)

5. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Debating a cordovan dalton as well, but with 4 pairs likely being invoiced in the same month. Its not looking so good.

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

7. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came home for lunch and look what was on my porch. :) will use Reno on them tonight and then get them shined up... :)

8. tradbrah

tradbrah Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I've had to break in a new pair of shoes, but is it normal to hear a lot of noise with each step? It's not a squeak, just the sound of the leather creasing if that makes sense. It's kind of uncomfortable walking around the office with it making so much noise.

Maybe just need to flex the soles a bit?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Keep both! I have walnut shell and burgundy shell daltons and they will get a ton of wear the next 4 months. I guess it depends on what other boots you have.

10. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

One of my fave AE shoes, which I own(!). This last fits me great. Wish AE had more shoes on this last. Agree with the other poster that shine is plenty good.

1 person likes this.
  11. dave42

dave42 Member

You're right, there is room for both NWTeal, as I don't have any other boots yet. Just a lot of money on AEs this year, and I also can't seem to get comfortable wearing them with dress pants yet. Definitely dressy enough footwear, but my flat front 32" waist pants have leg openings that aren't large enough to go over the boot very well and they look a little silly.

12. tjyoung

tjyoung Well-Known Member

These are dark brown? I have them as well, but they are SO dark. Any tips on how to lighten them up? Also, what's your secret to that shine?

13. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

For some reason I laughed at the thought of you tip toeing around the office to try and minimize the noise. But yeah I have had this too, my Patroits actually make a lot of noise when I walk and have experienced this with others too. It will pass as the shoe breaks in. I was even getting some sloshing from the insoles on one pair until the cork bed settled.

14. jubu

jubu Well-Known Member

Dave--Jill left the Jeffersonville store? I just spoke to her 2 weeks ago when I placed a order for a couple of pairs of shoes...too bad since she was friendly and great to work with!

15. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:I just teared up a bit. Torture I tell you. Congratulations! Get up a good sunny pic whenever you can.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kahuna75

I just teared up a bit. Torture I tell you.

Congratulations! Get up a good sunny pic whenever you can.

For some reason I am in the mood for a Manhattan....

1 person likes this.
  17. Kahuna75

@halfnhalfnhalf yeah my collection is pretty high right now but will be thinning the herd in a major way...as I have mentioned before I wear dress shorts(is that a real style?) 5+ months of the year here in lovely NJ and just can not justify the quantity especially with all the new stuff arriving. I keep telling myself 10 boots and 10 shoes and that's all I need....and this paddle ball and this lamp. But yeah probably have 50+ between all makes right now.

18. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Excellent quote!

I have been thinning the herd too, but then I sometimes add to it again. I have at least gotten to the point where I am only acquiring shoes that I really find to be special for some reason, as opposed to just on sale. But having said that, I've identified three different shoes (maybe four) between the Shoe Bank sale and retail that I am considering at the moment!

Strangely, the black plain- or cap-toe blucher for business travel has eluded me. Struck out with the Lexington. Don't know why this particular shoe is so hard for me; been thinking of the Fifth Avenue boot as a substitute.

19. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

Brown shell Bayfield from GMTO [​IMG]

20. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Awesome shoes posted today!

I don't know if anyone needs a messenger bag, but AE is blowing out these Neumok messengers. I stopped into my local store to ask about Oxblood options and picked one up for $39.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it's certainly no Opti-Grab, but it's very well constructed and a steal at $39.

Black Provos for me today:

[​IMG]

I hope the week is finding everybody well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.