1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkySaw

SkySaw Well-Known Member

I really like this MacGregor and will eventually get a pair; but to me, the Larchmonts are really unappealing. I think it's the squared toe that give the Larchmont a cheap-shoe-trying-to-look-expensive look. Wait, did you say necessary? [​IMG]

2. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Woa. Just discovered the mobile version of the site. Even with the iPhone 6 the full site required some zooming and panning. Much nicer. Been under w rock apparently.

3. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

Ewww I get it but that's not what I want, I'll have to call them tomorrow. Thanks for the save.

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Yeah to be honest I was pretty disappointed when i got my brown grain LBs and they looked like that.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I've read that the Neumok fit slightly bigger than other shoes on the 5 last. Would it be safe to size down at least half a size than my normal size in the 5 last?

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

It is unligned but not sure it is a full size difference - I have the navy(13e), olive(13e) and and tan suede(12eee) and would size them same as my other 65 lasted shoes...sadly I can not comment on half sizes though as they are not available for my size.

The Navy and Olive I bought before nailing my 65 last properly and will probably replace them with the proper fitting 12eee. I would say they are more forgiving though.

1 person likes this.
  7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Burgundy Cordovan Randolph is 325 as is the patriot shell version.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

Yes, the new soles are Vibram gumlite and are thicker and softer than the older Commando version.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  9. seahawks506

seahawks506 Member

Bumping this- boots are tight with the orthotics inserts, should I leave them in when breaking these in?

10. Kahuna75

I would think that they will take longer to settle the cork bed with the Orthotic in as it will disperse pressure...I would probably wear them without.

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

I got my neumok TTS and they fit very long. However, in convinced my shoe trees stretched them...

12. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

I think thick socks would be better (i.e. I removed the orthotic and wore with thick/heavy socks) - it has some pretty stiff seams which pinched various parts of my foot early on

13. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

Check out their website the brown grain and waxy brown leather are still shown with the commando sole, the black and golden brown cxl with the thicker sole.

14. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

So let's propose this:

Strand
    Burgundy shell cordovan
    Independence lining & insole
    Medium brown transparent edge dressing
    Brown normal welt
    Single JR sole
    Wheeling & fudging

UPDATE!!! – We now have 11 for the Strand. We only need ONE more!

@Polojock615
    @Cxk5075
    @Heldentenor
    @Gatszu
    @FatTuesday
    @Suitntieguy
    @Indyoshi68
    @sungmineyo
    @Shawnc
    @hp5273
    @Mean Mr Mustard

Who else is in?

15. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

I really wanted the CXL Long Branches, but I'm going to exchange them for the dark brown just to get the better sole.

16. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Well-Known Member

Not in my experience. I had the tan suedes and the width was crazy narrow compared to my 5th and park aves.

17. branpureza

branpureza Member

Received my new Jeffersons this week and gave them their first polish tonight. Can't wait to wear them on "Fly Friday".

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Kahuna75

19. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

I don't find the Vibram Gumlite to be particularly "soft." In fact, Vibram's website rates the Gumlite as having the same "Hardness" and "Durability" scores as their "Megagrip", which is among their high performance line for outdoor activities.

20. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Hope this gets to you in time . . . but the current dark brown LBs have the same sole as your CXL ones. It's the new sole they use on all the LBs now.

The "before" pictures I posted above are of a previous version of dark brown LBs. They are no longer sold (unless you get super lucky and find a pair of old stock seconds).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.