1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'm planning to keep them, will need to get some black cordovan cream and see if that will help.
    Half, just notice you changed your avatar. Lol

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

Reading the story of the creation of the Dalton, in unbridled enthusiasm for my pending arrival... I noticed a blurb by Paul Grangaard:

Quote (Paul Grangaard: http://www.startribune.com/business/136453923.html): Has anyone ever followed up upon this to see about picking up new designs, leathers, etc that might be showing up there? Did I just pop the cork on something that was a secret to everybody?

EDIT: sent an email to the "center city" store to find out more.

3. YoungSweet

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

5. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

Still not on the AE site, but I see the Gobi may now be found at Macy's. It's a bit more than AE told me it would be at $350 [​IMG]

6. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

if anybody is thinking of selling a pair brown shell boot in 8.5 or 9 depending on maker please let me know. prefer something besides leather sole. Pm me.

7. rusty18

rusty18 Well-Known Member

I've been getting a bit nuts with the shell...just grabbed some Alden full strap irregulars last week in #8 (oddly, those irregulars are the finest #8 I've seen from Alden in awhile--just plain looks better than my like-new "regular" captoe boots and PTB's).
    I heard about this sale coming up so I sold a few Alden treasures: Whiskey Longwings and irregular Cigar NST's/Navy CXL NST Boots. i was fortunate in that I found a gent who was the same size as me and obsessed with the modified last (both irregulars were on the modified).
    I'll miss them, but besides whiskey (for which I was paid handsomely) I don't really find any particular shell color that much more intriguing than another. Don't get me wrong--I appreciate them, but I appreciate them all (except maybe black, though it's not too far behind the rest).

So big lead up before a big PSA: Brian from the Maine store told me that he received no less than EIGHTY pairs of shell today that is not yet in the shoebank. Apparently he ordered it last week, so I imagine that most if not all locations will be getting some additional irregulars. Consider yourselves warned: the shoebank should be popping in a few hours.

In the meantime, let me just say that Brian is the MAN. I grabbed a few pairs earlier in the week from various stores and ended up with
    1. Black Dundees size 9.5D (marked seconds with similar discoloration spots on toe as posted earlier in thread);
    2. Brown Norwich size 9.5D (one shoe was the floor model);
    3. Black Park Avenue size 9.5D (TBD);
    4. Brown Patriot size 9.5B (TBD....not sure what I was thinking on the B so if someone wants them I'll likely be up for a sale for purchase price--fingers crossed though);
    5. Burgundy Randolph size 9.5D (TBD)
    and finally, from my new favorite guy from here to Newfoundland............the hook up:

Wolverine 744 Ltds in Mahogany. 9.5D (TBD/QED/GED/ASAP!!!!&*(& I'm pumped!!!)

oh yeah I have always wanted to use this thing: [​IMG]

Good luck to you all, and thanks to Brian.

8. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Ruh Roh!

Thanks for heads up! Everyone should have a chance to catch these additional items while the $325 shell sale is still live!

The 744s sound sweet in Mahogany.

9. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the shoebank site updates? They have a note up saying it is only once daily, but they don't say when. I don't want to keep refreshing all day, but the prospect of a bunch of new shell being put up makes that tempting.

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

I think it's a lot more likely that you'll see a bunch of shell disappear from the site. And there isn't much to begin with.

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Just best to call.

12. rusty18

8AM to 9AM

I was looking at the site at 7am...same as at 2pm yesterday. Now a whole new gang is up.

13. YoungSweet

What size are you looking at? I'm not seeing anything new for 10

14. peppercorn78

Whoah, yeah. Lots of good stuff up there for 11D. Dalton, MacNeil, etc.

Nothing new for 10.5 or 11 3E

:(

15. rusty18

Unfortunately pretty much every size BUT 10. there are def some updated offerings in the 10 non D's....
    9.5D has literally like a dozen new pairs up.

16. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Burgundy Cambridge to last night's wedding - The shoes were still pretty much new at this point so I grabbed a pic.

[​IMG]

I hope everyone's weekend is going well!

2 people like this.
  17. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

@rusty18 thanks for the PSA, just ordered a pair of Patriots in #8. Two days ago, there was almost no inventory in my size, today I am redeemed... :slayer:

18. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

There is still plenty of cordovan left. The shoebank has 453 remaining pairs this morning compared to 499 on the morning of September 11th.

New inventory spreadsheet for 9/13/14 (cordovan only): http://1drv.ms/1uAARe1

I still need to figure out some automation for this :-/

19. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

I called for brown dundees the ither day and was told by the SA I use that they only has burgundy so I went with it. Now I'm wondering if I should get brown instead and send the burgundy back. Burgundy dundees or dark brown dundees?

20. peppercorn78

Nothing but loafers in our size, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.