1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Sad that there is zilcho pretty much in my size available in shell for the upcoming sale...

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Same here, i'm looking at only two options in my size. Might not be the biggest sale, but if they want to clear out their cordovan seconds, i can surely help...

3. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

I saw the new "Bob's Chili" color in store last week and it looks great. Lots of depth. Looks super nice on the Fifth Ave.

Anyone purchased anything in that color yet? Would love to see some pix.

Thanks in advance.

4. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Seems some old styles might be coming back. On the shoe bank site at the bottom of my size I see the McGregor and McCLain. Both priced as the new styles that are 2nds at $299. No pictures though. And both at the factory. I would think if it was old stock they'd be very discounted. Not to mention they weren't there a few days ago.

Thoughts?

5. iceman45cal

iceman45cal Member

Good to hear. Thanks everyone.for responses. I spend a lot of time in my car for work. In the past I have always ruined my shoes on the right side of right foot from rubbing on the car interior. Do you guys change out of nice shoes to drive. I carry a pair of beaten up loafers that can slip on easy and change into my nice shoes for an appt. but most of my day is in and out of the car all day (outside sales) and a lot of time sitting in car and I end up just wearing my beaters. Brown shoes end up getting a horrible stain rub mark that cleaning and polishing doesn't fully get rid of so I always wear black these days. Is that a function of cheaper leather ( cole haan Mezlan ). Do you think these shoes will have same problem or how do you combat that. I've even had this happen to my Bruno maglis. But that leather might have been too delicate. I only buy bright shiny hard leather shoes these days for this reason.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  6. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

I'll have a pair of Sturgis in size 15 in Bob's chili soon. Pics in a month or so. :)

7. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Gotten more compliments on these today than any other shoe I've worn to work. Oh well.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Ah....boot season. Breaking out these bad boys tonight!

[​IMG]

On a related note: I know that the long branches and dundees are on the same last, but how does the fit compare? These are 10.5 3E, and they feel a bit snug in the toe box.

Could I possibly go up to 11 E? How much narrower will they be in the ball than an 11 3E? I feel like I have some lateral play in the left.

I know, I know....best to try it on myself.

9. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

Funny, I wore mine yesterday. Perfect for Sporting Clays.

Brown flat laces though. I save the red for Christmas.

1 person likes this.
  10. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Why is burgundy calf so plasticky?

11. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

because if it weren't, it would be an Alden

12. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Perhaps I need to begin upgrading my shoe collection.

13. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

Wearing mine today... Snow for the last two days.

[​IMG]

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I do prefer the red laces at all times. Makes them feel more....Boot-y.

Booty? Yarg, maties!

15. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Already seeing the new models (Sturgis, OdenWald) on shoebank site.

16. FatTuesday

I'll admit that the Long Branch kicked off a boot rejuvenation for me. I'm keeping an eye out for another pair at Shoebank. I thought it was the perfect country boot, until I saw the shell version of the Long Branch someone just MTO'd. I stand corrected!

17. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Well-Known Member

As do I with my tan Banchory's - even more than my walnut Strands and brown Rutledges!

18. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

They started my love of boots, too. Actually, these were my very first pair of AEs. I now have these, Daltons, Bayfields, and a pair of Chippewas for around the homestead.

19. FatTuesday

I just picked up shell Daltons and love them too. I ultimately would like to resole with lugs, but I'll give them some wear first. Was hoping to get shell Eagle County's with the current AE GMTO (over at the MTO thread), but the interest seems to have stalled for that boot. Looking now to see if there is more interest in the Bayfield. I would love to get a pair of shell Bayfields with a Long Branch-ish features!

20. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Exactly, and I will also add a narrow heel to the above and the Dundee is a much better fit for me.

Glad to hear you like them half, I knew they would find a great home with you [​IMG]

I switch it up for Sporting Clays with 744's, Bayfields, and the Katmai
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are all great as I am sure the Long Branch is too. When I was shooting skeet wearing my Bayfields I had a guy say he had never shot with someone wearing wingtips. I started to explain to him that they were not wingtips and the difference but he just stared at me and said they were wingtips. He is a millionaire and lets me hunt pheasant on his land so I didn't argue, for that day my Bayfields were wingtips LOL. I ran the field twice back to back.

It isn't unless your talking cobbler leather or correct grain of which some does exist. Which shoe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.