1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

E Fans,

For a limited time, dark brown shell Townley's are being offered at $575 vs. $650 MSRP. This makeup is extremely rare and it's not a current stock model. However, Paul will only honor this price and makeup if we are able to gather 12 backers. So far we have about 10, with one on the fence (he will back if there's 11). For those who are interested, just sign up to this survey and indicate your interest to get this GMTO moving forward.

I believe this is on the 511 last, so take TTS.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ae-sf-orderconfirmation

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

I was able to pick up a pair at the 2 for $299 sale in August. Occasionally, they're 15% off (last week for either wide or narrow widths, I believe). Other than that, they're at $199.

I love my Long Branches. I'd buy a second pair at $199 in a heart beat if they pop up in my size.

3. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Here here! If they came with those bags I'd get two :)

4. csmitty

I agree. I wish I had gotten the waxy brown. I was able to get a sweet deal on 1sts. Wore them today actually.

The new ones are CXL I believe and the Gumlite lug sole. much softer and lighter. Though I like the full Vibram. May never need to be resoled.

5. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

Quote: Me too. A bit of field work after an afternoon rain.

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

I'll take you up on that csmitty. :)

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Is anyone interested in a pair of 8.5E Walnut Daltons by any chance? If so, PM me! I've given up on them. They're just too big for me. Sad day.

8. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

as mentioned previously, the greater support from 3 eyelets is a benefit. The other is the last shape (sleeker looking than the Alden chukka). Plus, many people (those with low to average insteps) have fitting problems on the barrie last

9. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Having fun with the custom shoe builder on AE website...despite the GMTO going on I almost pulled the trigger on a suede/alpine leather macneil and then canned that and almost ordered an all chocolate suede Leeds....best part is they now offer a natural split and reverse brown welt(or vice versa....and they now offer MINI LUG!!!!! Damn this is way too tempting...I

No shell options yet or boots

only down side is not offering 12.5 in E size

12. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

13. Kahuna75

Yep a few weeks...have considered selling either my olive or blue neumok and picking up a rush street in same color

14. iceman45cal

iceman45cal Member

I bought a pair of AEs today. I noticed on some of the casual styles (loafers etc) that they have a very soft insole that is cushioned, but the designer models and more traditional cap toes, have a hard (very hard cork like ) insole. Does this get softer/ mold to your foot. I can't imagine this being the most comfortable shoe for standing on your feet all day, but I bought it anyway to try these shoes out.

15. Kahuna75

If it fits properly should be very comfy especially as cork shapes to your foot

1 person likes this.
  16. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted by the dundees in dark brown. I was looking for a boot/chukka that looks casual, but nice. I just wonder if they can be worn with jeans and chinos. I currently have Addisons, Park Ave, Ridgeways, and Strands. How does the Dundee fit compare?

17. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

Can't answer the second but yes, yes they can and should be worn w/ jeans and chinos. And they'll look better and better the more you wear them.

18. csmitty

Quote:Wear my Burgundy ones all the time with chinos. And casual suits sometimes. Haven't worn them with jeans as I don't really have a good denim game yet. But that is being corrected this fall. The brown is probably even better. I'm jonesing for a pair as well.

19. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

The cork molds to your feet every time you wear them, so they will be more comfortable every wear.

Maybe try AE's fatigue fighter inserts if you have a little bit of room in there after a few dozen wears and still want softer cushioning. AE has a few types of inserts, those are my favorites.

20. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

What everyone else said: yup. When I first started wearing decent shoes, I couldn't imagine that rock-hard leather insole ever feeling particularly good. Now my MacNeils are my favorite pair of shoes -- the toes and heel and arch and ball slot neatly into their spots and I can happily spend 18 hours in them.

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.