1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I got my amoks in and wore them a lot this weekend. They broke in nicely.

I had a bunch of heel pain from them though. Same size as my suede strands (8E). Does the heel cup thing they put in some shoes bother other people as well? It feels like it's in the wrong spot for me. Can I do anything about that?

2. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Well-Known Member

How does the sizing on the Dundee compare with the Alden Barrie last? I need a narrow width (11 C) in the Barrie and am not able to find the Dundee locally to try on. I'd appreciate any sizing advice! Thanks.

3. phsiao08

phsiao08 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

So I heard that everybody who is anybody is ordering the brown shell cordovan Townley on the MTO page.... You should hurry up and get on it too!

5. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. One last question... Do you change sizing going from blucher to bal on the same last? 11.5D MacNeil could be 11.5D in that shoe?

Thanks again!

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

E loving friends! The AE-SF Group MTO is still accepting orders. To date, the merlot calf Eagle County and the brown grain calf Eagle County have both met the minimum required orders and will be processed soon. In case anybody here is interested in getting either of these two make-ups, now's the best time to get them. When invoicing starts, orders will no longer be accepted.

Of course the other designs are still available.

If anybody would like to join the GMTO, please visit the AE MTO Thread. You may also list for the GMTO directly via this link.

If you want to see the inspiration for the designs, click here.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I do for sure I also have a higher arch so on 65 lasted blucher I take 12E and 65 lasted bal's 12 EEE - the EEE provides a touch more room but at least the V from the lacing doesn't look like my fly is open...

8. bradybot

bradybot Active Member

I don't think I can help. None of my bluchers and bals are on the same last.

9. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Quote:You won't be able to find a Dundee in stock unless its out an outlet store. All cordovan stock shoes are essentially a MTO. Technically they have 0 stock and when you order they will make the shoe. However for the 511 last I use TTS. Boots might be slightly looser than 511 shoes however I usually still do 12D. I found that Barrie shoes the 11D works good and that Barrie boots are a bit snug so most go 1/2 size up for Barrie boots. I don't have a Barrie boot yet so can't confirm.

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

For me:

Barrie - 9.5D
    AE 1 - 9.5E

Both fit me extremely well.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Breaking in the Rutledges today. My 1st independence shoe! These are dark brown.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

I called this morning to enquire about the upcoming sales. Ended up ordering a pair of burgundy Dundee in my size - 10D - and they honored the sale-price of $325 and will be dispatching them today.

They told me there're only 10 pairs in the entire inventory right now. Not sure if they will be getting more for the upcoming sales.

13. csmitty

Quote:10 pairs of Dundee's in size 10 or just 10 Dundee's in all sizes?

14. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

$325 for Dundees!? Nice. I called Port Washington and they could only confirm that the Randolph and Patriot loafers would be $325, starting on Thursday, Sept 11th.

15. bellyhungry

As far as I can remember, that is for ALL sizes. I imagine they would have more inventory available for the upcoming sales. The question is whether they would have them in your size. As someone mentioned before, shell makeups seem to be made on demand.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  16. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

these are also very nice with the tapered pants and subtle contrasting socks.

17. csmitty

Quote:Gotcha, kinda what I figured. There was a black dundee in my size but it disappeared a few days ago. Which is fine. Other than that nothing to spectacular or I"ve been really wanting. I got some Dundee's last $299 sale. Just wish the had a brown one but I may just MTO one at some point.

18. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

19. bellyhungry

I want a pair of Dundee in brown too. :) 8 weeks lead time at $650 for first is just too long to wait.

20. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Is the inventory pretty low across all sizes? I checked online in a 12D and there was very little available. I also called and the SA confirmed the lack of inventory for Daltons and a few other models I asked about.

By the way, he did say there is an 11E Walnut shell Dalton in inventory. . . Whoever buys it, let us know, so we can time the number of minutes it takes to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.