1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

The V on your Neumok is even more pronounced than mine. Do you not have pinky toe pain from this? I was gonna wear mine today, but they've still never felt comfortable, so I'm worried I have to sell them at a loss and try again up one width from my calf Stand sizing.

2. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I don't own a pair, was just showing the pic to describe the welt and edge color I want for my Leeds going it for recrafting.

I would love a pair in snuff though.

3. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

Very interesting. This woodworking article seems to imply that analine dyes are "lightfast", but I'm not sure this necessarily transfers to shell staining.

4. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, if any body is interested in a special Group MTO by Allen Edmonds for 2 discontinued styles, Eagle County and Townley, at discounted pricing for both shell and calf make ups please visit the AE MTO thread.

Prices for shell Eagle County are $650, calf Eagle County at $295 and shell Townley at $575. Waived custom fee too!

Here is the thread for the details: vhttp://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/2490#post_7356290

Here is where you can place your order confirmation: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ae-sf-orderconfirmation

5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Since AE does not currently offer any cap toe boot, this could be last chance to grab a pair of cap toe boots for (?) These are dialed in by members and priced below any similar current retail offerings.

New brown shell Long Branch boots came in today.
    [​IMG]

That is the same color shell as the EC boots in watchidiot's gmto.

The special pricing will cost everyone about 27% less than I paid for this solo-mto.

Really wonderful work here by watchidiot.

1 person likes this.
  6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Seriously, WI really handled everything superbly.

We need 3 more takers to make our navy calf Eagle County dream a reality! $295 is a steal for this boot.

7. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Black sharkskin Patriots got here today![​IMG]

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Nice, I am not an exotic fan generally but those are pretty darn cool

9. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

I don't get the appeal of sharkskin or most exotics. I've seen a few nice croc/gator shoes but I think if I ever go the exotic route it'll be a stingray wholecuts like these: [​IMG]

Of course, I'd probably wear them all of once or twice a year at black tie events, and that's only if I stay in the city to practice instead of moving out to the burbs/rural America.

Edit: These are also quite nice but I'm in Texas so it'd be cowboy boots for me instead http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/49800385775/meerminshoes-meermin-mto-jodhpur-boot-for-mr-mn

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  10. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Well-Known Member

Thanks kentyman and Cold Iron! Despite my complaints, I am still really happy that I got them, especially after waffling about them for several months.

Here is a picture straight out of the box. This is in low light, but it shows how dark they are compared to others.

[​IMG]

Also, how is shell supposed to feel? The right boot is smooth and seemed to have a little shine, so I just brushed them. The left, however, I thought had bloom after kentyman's comment. I wiped them down with a damp cloth, used a tiny amount of Glen Karen conditioner, and brushed for a good 45 minutes while watching TV. Even after that, they are still dull and feel almost sticky. What am I doing wrong?

After brushing:

[​IMG]

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Man, wish I had my sizing dialed in on the 2 last. Don't really like the idea of showroom shopping for the size.

12. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

You're in NYC. You have at least four locations to visit. just do it.

13. Churchill W

Not something I feel comfortable doing.

14. Churchill W

Agreed. I like the look of the grain.

15. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

I have the Strand and EC both in size 8D and find the EC slightly more narrow. It is a narrow, elongated last like the 5 last. If I could buy it again I would likely get an 8E

I am an 8.15-8.25D on Brannock

16. Churchill W

Thanks Burzan!

I'm actually not sure what the best size is for me in the Strand as I have never tried half size down and one width up form my Brannock. I wear them in my Brannock size as well as the 511 last, 97 last, and 108 last.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  17. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

I'm an 8.5D brannock with a high instep. I wear 8.5D in all my AE except on 5 lasted balmorals where the v gap is just too wide - this I wear 8E. I have the EC in both 8E and 8.5D, and another 2 lasted shoe in the Aberdeen in 8.5D. I prefer the 8.5D. I suggest you get the 2 last in the same size as your other AE shoes :) ymmv of course.

18. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

That is a good suggestion and I think the difference for me is being an inbetween size and I have a very low instep so needing to size down from my 1 last shoes when it comes to the long lasts like the 5 and 2.

19. f800gs

f800gs Well-Known Member

Any insight on how the B 34 last fits?

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Curious myself, going to try to get to an AE store to try on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.