1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

How do they fit compared to the 5 last? Are they true to size?

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Looks awesome - love my Amoks.

6PSA looks delicious too - have you tried the Bengali Tiger? Truly one of the most amazing brews around (and made 2 blocks away from my apt).

3. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

I went same as 5 last, 11.5D. Rough collection tends to run large. 12D is my TTS.

4. nomos

nomos Active Member

I have the same pair (walnut cloud) and wanted darker color.
    I applied kiwi brown polish and now it looks like light brown.
    Before.
    [​IMG]

After.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Yup, love all the 6 point varieties.

Loving these Amoks too. They were initially quite narrow and a little uncomfortable on my extra-wide dogs, but loosened up after only 3 wears and now fit like gloves.

6. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

I'm 8.5D in calf/shell Strand, etc., though my suede Strands and leather Neumoks in the same size are really too narrow. I just tried on a calf Clifton in 8.5D and it feels pretty good, though I'm unsure if it's the exact right size for me. The left foot felt pretty good, but the right had some pinky crowding (which is a common problem for me). So JezeC might be right that rounding to 8.5E might make sense, though I have a bit of a concern that I'll be left with some heel slippage since I feel I'm close to that in these.

I hope that helps, but I'm also seeking any advice. Is 8EEE a crazy idea, or is that overcomplicating things? I'm actually trying to size for the Mora 2.0 and maybe eventually the Carlyle, neither of which are bluchers.

7. htjouster

htjouster Active Member

Does anyone have any more news on the shell sale next week?

8. csmitty

Interesting sale at the shoebank. Wonder if they'll start doing the perpetual sales now.

"Hard to fit size sale. Save an extra 15% on all size 8.5 and smaller, 12.5 and larger, plus all narrow and wide widths. Discount will be applied at the time of order. Contact a store for more details. Valid through September 7th, 2014."

9. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Well-Known Member

Just saw that. I hope they're not taking the JoSAB approach!

I spoke with an SA at CAC yesterday and asked about upcoming shell sales. She was noncommittal and said that if there was going to be one, it would be the RDA sale in October (pretty sure she was talking about 1st quality only). However, she went on to say that due to the shell shortage, shell may be excluded from the sale. Not much information shared.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

They could be following the Macy's/JAB model of sales all the time. They used to give you 25% off clearance shoes every once in a while (1sts). I noticed in the current sale it was 20% and the prices reflected the final discount. They used to take off the % when you checked out. I know cause I was checking out a pair of clearance shoes that never went down pre and post sale. Oh well...

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Pity they won't ship USPS as if I get a shoe from the shoebank site I will get charged $35 plus whatever fees fedex likes to tack on.

#Canadianlife

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

That is interesting. I would not have thought that 9.5E would be considered a "hard to fit size", but Brian at the Freeport outlet just confirmed that it is covered by the sale.

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Interesting fact about the Sturgis that I just learned . . . it was originally manufactured for Harley-Davidson and the reason why it has the AE logo on it is because there was supposed to be an H-D logo instead. Don't know why H-D opted not to sell the boot.

The more I look at the Sturgis, the more I like it.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got a description of the fit of the B34 last?

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Yeah. I got my sand suede ones in as well. I ordered an 8E, which is the same size I have for my suede Strands. Felt a bit off at first, but I'm wearing them for the second time today and they feel like socks! I want them in snuff so badly now! Especially at 70 bucks! WOWZA!

I sprayed them with suede protector and will probably be getting them wet in the rain when I go to NYC this weekend.

Though seriously, if someone sees them in snuff in 8E, get at me!

16. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

The 8 last is more narrow than the five last in the toe box. I go TTS in the 5 last for a good fit, but cannot do the 8 last. I find a 12D is too tight in the toe box, while my heel swims in an 11.5E on the 8 last. Go 12D in both the 1 and 5 lasts.

17. csmitty

Quote:Found out the same yesterday as well. Explains the orange, midsole?, as well. Why they didn't just take the logo off. Who knows.

18. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

I know several on here have said the 8 last is their best fitting and favorite last. But add me to this list above. I tried the Clifton in 3 or 4 different sizes (been a couple years) and could not find a decent fit. Going out in width my heel swam. Going up a half size in length gave better results but not great, and could tell that the toe box would crease past the cap. TTS and same size in 1 and 5 last was too tight. I concluded that it just is not a good fit for my foot.

19. nomos

nomos Active Member

An App that suggests the best fitting last based on the length of foot, width of heel, and width and circumference of ball area of foot would be convenient.

20. rostov

rostov Well-Known Member

Received my final shipment from the last seconds sale: Cognac Ridgeways. No visible flaws, which is refreshing after the condition my recent purchases of seconds *and* firsts (my Shreveport has a hard lump in the insole...) There are signs someone else tried them on at some point, as they came laced and there was insignificant creasing in the toe-box.

I know you're probably all bored of looking at pictures of my shoes [​IMG], but I could not find a single good photo of these online before I made my purchase... so for anyone else contemplating a purchase of these while they're still floating around:

[​IMG]

Personally, I plan to take these to the cobbler and see about recoloring the welt (or I may try doing this myself)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.