1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0ho10

h0ho10 Member

That's such great looking shoes. I'm waiting for a good deal to come along. Looking forward to adding that to my collection!

Good luck!!

2. h0ho10

h0ho10 Member

If it helps at all, I'm getting married exactly a month from now. I'll be wearing similar to what you're wearing grey suit, 100% wool, flat front, no cuff, white shirt and purple tie. I'll be wearing my walnut strands. Granted, it'll be on a beach, but I don't think the strands would be too flashy at all.

I'm also in the market for brown shell Strands myself, so if you see a good deal, let a brother know!

Whichever shoe you choose, I'm sure it'll be a great choice. Good luck!

3. pudman43

pudman43 Well-Known Member

+1. I got a nice burgundy Trafalgar dress belt at Nordstrom awhile back, love it. Likely it's on sale right now too. J

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

In New Orleans 10:30 is a smidge late

5. bespoken pa

In most cases belts are belts. I source mine locally from Torino.

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

Another way is to set up some price alerts on camel for Amazon AE belts in your size and colour, or eBay,and they'll come along eventually. I just grabbed a black wide basic and Brown Manistee for 110 dollars with the current 20 percent off coupon.

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Addison's in the office today..picture makes them look like different shades but they are not..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Kahuna75

Great shoes to quit in and good luck

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Favorite belts are custom made by Dave Mitchell. Others include Rancourt and Feragammo (like their suede belts)

10. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

Are you wearing shorts in the office?

11. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight. Whats the rational behind no pinking though? I can see it adding a bit of flair though. With the Jeffs, obviously there is a lot of it. But the Strands it might be not as loud.

Very true. If I didn't love both I'd probably agree with you. I'll hold out for 2nds though in the Strands. Either way the PAs will probably be the winners. Just a more streamlined look if you will give then occasion.

Mine will be lake side. So not as casual as a beach perhaps. Grey would work better with the walnuts in my eye. The darker charcoal might be to dark for them. I'm on the waiting list for a pair from the shoe bank. So someone needs to order a pair so the factory can mess them up :)

Also I had this thought as well, and checked for availability and there is a pair. What about brown Harrison's from the Indy line?? Gets me the indy treatments like if MTO'd a pair, however non shell. They are on closeout so I might be able to get a sweet deal from my SA. I'm sure this is a slightly stupid question, but give then street price from the shoe bank for Harrisons at $277, then theoretically if I could get the brown shell PAs for $299. Which to choose?

12. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

^^ I just think the pinking just takes away from the formality. Can't lose with the brown PA.

13. Kahuna75

Yes, everyday is a shorts day until October 1...though on a low 80's day I may bust out a light pair of pants just because I miss my shoes.

14. bespoken pa

[​IMG]

And they want to get rid of their staples for this?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

WTF is that?!?

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Looks like a Morgan boot. Ick.

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

A joke surely?

18. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

Not quite. It used to be a stock boot not so long ago. Not sure whether it is still in production though.

19. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Well-Known Member

My new Kenilworths are squeaking a lot on the uppers, it sounds like its the tongue straining against the eyelet flaps. Im pretty sure they are sized right, my other Kenilworths are 11D and they were a bit big. These are 10.5D, perhaps I am in between 10.5D and 10.5E, but they arent obviously tight or anything.

Could the squeaking be excess polish from the factory? Will this go away once I break them in? Im about ready to walk a couple miles to get rid of this noise.

20. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Try a little baby powder on just the tongue, should do the trick...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.