• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
The Haight definitely doesn't get props around here but I love mine - great for motorcycle riding among other things.

Re: narrow, I'm a 9.5 E in PAs and when I was able to snag a second in the Haights in the same size I thought I'd give them a shot. They were pretty snug at first but have now broken in very nicely. OTOH, my 9.5 E Franciscans were a perfect width out of the box. Go figure.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Might I suggest this for your next pair as the Clifton is a great shoe, a dark brown cap-toe is a versatile staple, and the price is presently quite appealing ($160 after the 30% discount).

Thanks for the tips on Shoebuy but I can't seem to get the code to work. It seems like all AE shoes are excluded. Were you able to get it to work?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Received my SF MTO snuff suede Mora 2.0's today. I ordered this with Dainite soles for winter wear. (just in time too, as we got our first real snow yesterday)

This is the first time I've seen Mora 2.0's in person, and I think they are pretty nice. My guess is that they are less polarizing compared to the Neumoras. I do think they should have kept offering Neumoras alongside the Mora 2.0, since they have distinctly different shapes.

Anyway, here they are:

BCer

Reaction score

My Bayfields from Lands End arrived today! Very happy with them and glad I chose them over the Wolverine 1000k
Interesting, at first I thought someone had reposted my pic. Then I realized some differences - your sole edges look black, mine are lighter brown. And I'm thinking yours are a smaller size than my little 12's. Lol. I also love mine - bought them thinking they'd be my crappy weather boots, but I'm afraid to beat them up now, they're so nice looking.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my SF MTO snuff suede Mora 2.0's today. I ordered this with Dainite soles for winter wear. (just in time too, as we got our first real snow yesterday)

This is the first time I've seen Mora 2.0's in person, and I think they are pretty nice. My guess is that they are less polarizing compared to the Neumoras. I do think they should have kept offering Neumoras alongside the Mora 2.0, since they have distinctly different shapes.

Anyway, here they are:

Not a fan of monks but I mean seriously anything in snuff suede just makes the shoes pop and look so classy. They look really nice!

What's the difference in the shape mainly between the Neumoras and Mora 2.0?

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score

Neumoras are square/chiseled and Mora 1.0 and 2.0 are rounded.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Anyway, here they are:

Not a fan of monks but I mean seriously anything in snuff suede just makes the shoes pop and look so classy. They look really nice!

Thanks. The Neumora is on the 333-last, so it has a chiseled toe while the Mora 2.0 is on the 8-last and has a round toe. I suppose they are basically the same shoes in different lasts, so I can see why they discontinued the Neumora.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyway, here they are:

These have me seriously reconsidering the fact that a wanted a PTB in snuff suede. I have yet to get a pair of monks and these are amazing.

Quote:

What are you choosing to do for care on them? I already picked up and treated my Eagle County with LP to be my "winter" boot so I think I may stick to Reno and brushing for this piar. Have yet to fully make a decision though.

I had to second look at mine now to see about the black edge. My pic is a little dark but it does have the lighter brown above the black rubber on the sole. Mine are a size 8 and I have to admit the pic I took makes them look a little stumpy lol so here are a few more.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suede shoes in the snow? You're a braver man than I.

Killer shoes btw....

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a MTO pair of shell MacNeils thru Allison September 6th. They failed inspection once and I've heard nothing since. My emails to her now go unanswered. If you go MTO, be prepared to have some patience...

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

Anyway, here they are:

Wow, those are a great looking pair of shoes. I was thinking about a pair of Neumoks in Snuff Suede but these may have changed my mind.

Good job with the MTO, but like someone else pointed out- be careful with getting your suede wet!!!

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Ordered a MTO pair of shell MacNeils thru Allison September 6th. They failed inspection once and I've heard nothing since. My emails to her now go unanswered. If you go MTO, be prepared to have some patience...

give her a call and leave a VM, she is usually good at calling back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads