1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

@Josh Savage yo, buy the merlot boardroom from JAB instead! $216 is a steal.

2. deltashell

deltashell Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen a pair of shell AE's without JR soles? They haven't been resoled. Maybe special makeup? Model # is 9591. Burgundy shell Leeds.

3. lemmy127

lemmy127 Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain they would have to be MTOs.

4. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:Just add in a pair of shoe trees for $8.50 and use the code to subtract $50, making first-quality shoes + trees for $200 + $6.50 transportation fee before taxes.

1 person likes this.
  5. MPwer

MPwer Member

This is a great deal. A quick update - Add a couple of things to take the total checkout price above $250 and you get another $25 off with the same code 'GIFT'. I just added 2 shoe trees and the McClain and my total comes to $208.50.

6. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Well-Known Member

If you add just one shoe tree, both the shoe and the tree come out to $200 even.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I'd second that getting a topy and new heels is the way to go. 50 bucks to get you on your way. Condition and polish and wear in good health.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Josh Savage

Josh Savage Well-Known Member

I need to see them in person to know what I should do. When I get them, I will post better pics and ask for some advice.

9. StyleNovice6

StyleNovice6 Active Member

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

@StyleNovice6
    Nordstrom sale is usually 33% off instead of the current 25%, so the consensus is to wait if you want a better price. However, it doesn't guarantee that bourbon strands will be part of the sale. Personally, I would get them, by the time you get them, the sale is just starting. Nordstrom is really good with customer service so you can do price adjustments.

p.s wearing my bourbon strands today

11. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

FYI Jos a bank Allen Edmonds are on sale for $200 if you add them and shoe trees to your purchase and then use promo code GIFT. Allen edmonds + shoe trees = $200, not a bad deal

12. StyleNovice6

StyleNovice6 Active Member

@youngsweet

Thanks for the advice, that was a factor I was considering. I have a feeling the bourbons won't be included in the 33%. I'm curious as to why they have some models on sale immidiately prior to the big sale. Lol

13. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

Need to pick up a black pair on the next sale -- I'm assuming Nordstrom's will be the better sale for that? Either looking at Park Avenue's for Fifth Avenue's.. I would probably jump on the JAB deal but am short cash at the moment :D

Also, need some suggestions on belt matching (other than AE) -- need a matching belt for my Rush Street and also for my Burgundy Shell McNeil .. Then the only other belt I need to grab is a bourbon colored one to match better with my bourbon Kenilworth's ..

14. Okie364

Okie364 New Member

I'm looking to purchase a new walnut and a new black pair of shoes, but I'm having trouble deciding on the combination I want. The choices are between Fifth Avenue, Park Avenue, Carlyle and Kenilworth. Thoughts?

15. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you have in your rotation, but AEs top-2 selling shoes are the PAs and Strands, black and walnut, respectively.

16. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

If you share with us why you want black and walnut shoes out of the models provided, and what you intend to do with them, we'll be able to offer better advice.

17. gatszu

gatszu Well-Known Member

Allison sent me these Strand seconds in brown cordovan to size and I am keeping them. The medallion is not completely symmetric between the left and right shoes. On the left shoe, small pinking issue on the medial side, and two loose stitches on the lateral side. Overall, they look great for seconds. Comparable to some of the first quality that I have been sent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous shoe. Looks almost burgundy in the outdoor pics.

19. Swampoodle

Swampoodle Member

I must say I have noticed quite a few AE-related posts with a theme something like, "Does this look screwed up to you?", followed by pics of something that definitely does look screwed up to me, especially at that price point.

Your shoes are seconds, so by definition there will be issues, but most of these pics of defects are of "firsts", if that is an actual term.

Is there insufficient QC at AE these days, or?

20. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

you could argue for sampling bias - of the many people who buy AE's only the ones getting defectives post :)

but yeah, QC could be better. In my own purchasing I have had defective shoes (a mismatched pair) in one of the five pairs of firsts I have purchased in the last 2 years (all but one bought on sale).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.