1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Well-Known Member

You guys are going to make me break down and buy these Brown Shell Strands at full price if you keep posting these pictures!! While I'm salivating mind posting more pics of your burgundy cambridges? :embar:

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Someone posted their Burgundy Shell Cambridges earlier in this thread. May have been Bucksfan.

3. rikod

rikod Well-Known Member

Thank you all very much - violethour, this color is the walnut shell cordovan.

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Here are re-posts of the burgundy shell cordovan Cambridge [​IMG] Out of the box [​IMG] Compared to Alden's #8 shell cordovan

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Well-Known Member

Quote:

That is a beautiful version of walnut shell. Seems darker than others I've seen. I really like it!

Due to popular demand, here are my Cambridges from a few other angles (and in higher resolution - I just noticed I have a piece of shell to remove from one of the brogueing holes in the right shoe - I didn't even notice that when I have the shoe in front of me).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. rikod

rikod Well-Known Member

^ that is just beautiful!

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Yes they are! Can't wait for mine to come in. Hope they are as nice as both of these are.

Must have been ~1978 and the Navy Exchange had a pair of shell burgundy (think they were called black cherry) wingtips in the front window. First pair of shell I had ever seen. I stood there staring at them for a long time admiring them. I was an E-squat at the time back then and they cost a month's pay. They were identical to these.

8. violethour1951

violethour1951 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Was that a MTO or limited run? AE.com doesn't seem to have them any longer.

9. rikod

rikod Well-Known Member

Looks like it was a limited run

10. PigFlys

PigFlys Member

Hello, I have a few quick questions, how would you match the Allen Edmonds Neumok in Olive leather and Blue Leather?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4025_1_40000000001_-1

For the Olive leather, I have seen people wearing darker/bluer jeans.

For the Blue leather, I have seen people wearing either white jeans/chino or lighter blue pants.

What other options are there? I dont own any in those color, all my shoes are either brown, walnut, black, or suedes. I own the brown leather one and was going to buy the sand suede pair. Thinking about expanding my comfort zone and trying new things.

Thanks for all the input and I am sorry if this is not the right place to post questions like these.

11. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Well-Known Member

I have the Navy Neumok and thus far I've worn them with jeans, khaki chinos, tan chinos, lighter navy chinos, and BB's light/baby blue chinos. I also have a pair of yellow chinos I plan to wear them with and a pair of lighter brown chinos. I think they are pretty versatile - I was unsure of going with the Navy or the Olive but ultimately thought the Navy could go with more spring colors than the Olive.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

I think both the olive and blue would look good with khakis. I think both would also look good with just about any color of twill slacks other than black.

13. reydogg23

reydogg23 Well-Known Member

Question about Nordstroms sale in July.

What models are usually included? From what I gather the Park Avenues and Strands are on the list.

Thanks

14. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I have the blue Neumok & wear them with either jeans or Dockers (navy & tan; haven't wore them with gray yet).

15. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

have they stopped making the walnut shell strands?

16. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Yes. Limited run.

17. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

Amazing pictures. AE would be wise to hire some here for photo's for the web site. The pictures on their site just don't do their shoes justice.

18. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Member

Under promise and over deliver.
    Ordered the walnut calf McAllisters on sale Monday (yesterday) with a 7-10 day expected wait.
    Naturally, I figured 7-10 business days before shipping.
    Just received notice that my order is being dispatched with tracking.

19. streetlord

streetlord Member

I bought the macallisters in black. I had a 35 dollar gift card so I think in all I got a good deal with the sale. I needed another black shoe for work, besides my park aves. These are My fourth pair of allen edmonds. I think it will be my last, I need to try a pair of Alden's finally.

20. rikod

rikod Well-Known Member

This is the same pair, different angle. I posted this pic in this thread a few weeks ago, really like the tones.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.