1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing a shoe that I think will get a lot of use this summer:

[​IMG]

2. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

I have a navy suede belt (Trafalgar) that has contrast stitching similar to the Spiaggia.
    [​IMG]

I've worn it a few times, but I always feel a bit odd when I look at myself in the mirror with both on. I usually try on 4 or 5 different belts (brown, tan, braided, surcingle, etc) before deciding on one...but nothing ever looks perfect to me.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I got a pair of Aldens for JCrew in black pebble leather just this morning. I agree with you that black shoes do limit your choice of pants and jackets, but then again, I tend to wear darker pants in the winter (gray flannel to work and dark denim casually) so I envision wearing them at least once a week or so.

[​IMG]

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I like the Stewart a whole lot...even more than the Macneil in suede....I am a Sebago Handsewn fan also ... have considered a Navy boot from Rancourt in CXL or Cordovan

Probably looking to avoid a slip on as I am pretty good in that department with a bunch of colored Sebago's

That is a nice looking shoe

5. cincikid

Halfnhalfnhalf recently posted pictures of his Rancourts in navy cordovan in the Rancourt thread. They are possibly the best looking boots I've ever seen.

6. Kahuna75

I always thought black Leed style shoe and jeans were a classic combo and being that denim is so popular again figure all different styles of shoes in black would be more popular not less.

I always just assumed that black shoes went well with all sorts of khaki style pants regardless of top..wouldn't the style of shoe dictate it? In my brain I would think nearly every color shirt would go with black pants and black shoes.. Will look at the Players for also for the suede, the Mora 2 is just enough of a pain in the ass for me to get on that I think I am good with one pair of them

7. Kahuna75

What do you think this Baton Rouge would look like replacing the linen for Navy Suede and changing the sole to black Dainite or a natural leather with vtread? I am thinking the red Dainite would clash with the piping
    [​IMG]

8. cincikid

I only wear black shoes with darker flannels, mostly gray or brown. I think they might also pair well with dark green khakis but I haven't ventured this far just yet. I do agree that black shoes and jeans pair well together, but I'd rather wear a longwing than a PTB. This said though, I must admit I actually happen to wear my black Leeds CXL MTO with the jeans today.

[​IMG]

9. Kahuna75

He friggin kills me....thanks for the link and they are awesome....I must have 4 or 5 pairs due to halfnhalf...ugh do not think I can pull the triggers on those boots at the moment. Rancourts shoe style tool is addictive..I must have spent 3 or 4 hours on it a few months back

1 person likes this.
  10. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

What is your take on the black McTavish?
    How about a black blucher like Leeds or Macneil?

How does a navy shoe fit into this thought process of colors? You have not mentioned it in relationship to any of the versatile or non versatile colors. I am curious to the opinion?
    I have had trouble with the Navy shoe.
    I sold my first pair of navy chukkas due to them feeling less than versatile.
    I have a navy shell boot again that I like much more, as it is more casual.

11. bkotsko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cincikid

These a gorgeous. Are they Vibergs?

13. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Very nice!

14. bkotsko

Yep.
    Most recent run of navy shell.

15. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I like to refer to them as bonkers! They are just insanely good looking boots.

16. cincikid

BK, do you happen to know the source of the shell? Does Viberg like Rancourt dye Horween's natural shell?

17. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

@Spiker and @7_rocket

Just received my 2nds belts and I'm very pleased. Brown Madison seems to have a few stretch marks but not very visible. For the price, I'm extremely happy. 2nds belts do have a FD stamp near the buckle (inside)

18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Nice. I haven't picked it up yet :(

19. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

On the subject of black footwear generally . . . if you want these you'll have to pry them from my cold, dead hands:

[​IMG]

Not to mention my AE black shell Dundee, Leeds, and MacNeil. All worn with denim almost exclusively.

20. bkotsko

Sorry, I do not.
    They posted something showing a test dye of a pair of shoes at one point on their Tumblr, but I don't know other than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.