1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Burgundy shell and white denim today . . . one of my favorite combinations:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that would like to see half n half start posting full fit pictures? When I see some of the pant, sock, shoe combinations pictured, I'm always wondering what he's wearing on his upper half as well.

2 people like this.
  3. hp5273

hp5273 Active Member

Brown shell Strands and chinos

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Nice shoes and combination. -M

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Had mine on yesterday and it was like I had an orchestra playing then as the day wore on the heel got a little loose and that was making some whoopi cushion sounds...lol - Once I tightened the straps up another notch the heel noise went away. Normally I use AE leather lotion before wearing any shoes and did not do that to the Mora 2.0 - will try that tonight and see if that helps.

6. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

Second time wearing my new Sanfords (firsts)...

[​IMG]

Major creasing already... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

I just went to my local AE to check out the Independence lineup. The leather on the Jeffersons is softer and not stiff by any means. It's more supple than AE's regular lineup. The premium leather is definitely better....I would presume there is very little break-in period with AE's premium leather.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  8. SimplyLime

SimplyLime Well-Known Member

Now im starting to get worried, how are the seconds cosmetically?

Also, i placed an order and still didnt get a receipt, is it still processing or should i follow it up? Its been 18 hours already :(

9. Kahuna75

I usually get a receipt right away but I place my order through an outlet that does not handle the volume of the Shoe Bank. During some sales I have waited 12 hours. Mine Mora's are nearly perfect..some minor off sewing on the liner and a little wrinkle in the leather near the buckle...honestly purchased as firsts I would have been fine with them. I am guessing most of the Bourbon seconds have to do with the burnishing process and leaving streaks here and there with the burnishing wheel process.

10. Kahuna75

what monitor set up is that? is it two monitors in a special casing? ......oh yeah...nice socks, shoes, pants...yada yada yada

11. SimplyLime

SimplyLime Well-Known Member

Good to hear kahuna. I can't wait for it to come on my friend's doorstep.

To all bourbon shoe owners out there, what shoe polish do you use? The AE premiums? Or do you just stick with a brown? Wanna hear inputs on this since im probably going to purchase more shoes in the clearance section together with shoe polishes

12. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

Just two 24" HP monitors right next to each other.

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I usually put more effort into what's below my waist than what's above. Plus, I kind of like preserving the mystery . . . maybe someday. I WILL say that leaving the house today, I wore my black cherry Schott 654 jacket [​IMG]over a red pinstripe sport shirt to complete the ensemble. That could have been a nice pic.

1 person likes this.
  14. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Well-Known Member

I haven't always gotten receipts but I usually get my tracking

15. Kahuna75

Cool - never have seen different colored top bezells than sides - I prefer 2 or 3 monitor setup over just on large one...back to shoes..

16. Kahuna75

Ok...back to shoes 101 for shoe dummies...taking care of the shoe sole? opinions? In my limited research I have seen various suggestions and since I have 3 or 4 pair of cordovan's getting ready to be resoled and a few new pair want to make sure I take the right steps.

17. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

I purchased a pair of Alden for Brooks Brothers unlined color 8 loafers where the right shoe had been a display model and it had a similar issue. The difference on these was even more dramatic though. I originally tried AE's burgundy cordovan creme but it didn't look good. It sat on top of the leather rather than penetrating and recoloring. Eventually I used Saphir Renomat on both shoes, followed by a coat of Dubbin Graise, followed by a coat of Renovateur. They now look like this: [​IMG] It's worth noting this was before a final brushing.
    A few days of sunlight isn't going to cause a few years worth of fading. Unless he puts them in direct sun until 2016, his only option is to darken them.

18. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

Condition it. That's all. No color. I use a product called leather honey which I think is great for this. I've watched manufacturer videos suggest neutral creme as well.

19. Kwaker

Kwaker Well-Known Member

@iamsilvermember
    I say 7 days out in the sun between 10am and 4pm would lighten the left shoe to match the right.

20. Kahuna75

Thanks, will check it out...I do have a nice large tub of Aussie Balm, wonder how that would work.. Aussie Balm works wonder on dry leather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.