1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. Perhaps I'm confusing the anniversary and the RDA sales. Oh well!

2. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Yep. I'll get a stock model for the anniv. sale and most likely do a MTO during RDA.

3. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

What is the sale that we're talking about? Is it similar to the Nordstrom sale, which is 33% off msrp?

4. partyof6

partyof6 Well-Known Member

The anniversary sale. I don't believe any marketing materials have been sent out yet. My SA gave me a heads up, and he had a list of models on sale--shoes and belts. I think he said the date was Apr 18.

5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

That would be too perfect. I can head over there since I'll be off from work.

6. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Those look just like C&J Conistons! Love them!

7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

First quality to the poster who inquired. I received catalog today.

8. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:What type of discounts is anticipated? 33%?

9. partyof6

partyof6 Well-Known Member

10. rodaman

rodaman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

I'm interested in knowing how everyone is taking care of bourbon shoes. I recently picked 3 pairs in bourbon and the AE bourbon cream polish (tube). I haven't tried it yet but wonder if I should just stick to neutral cream polish.

Anyone has experience with using AE cleaner/conditioners on bourbon? Can you let me know if the cleaner/conditioners will remove the burnishing? I want to make sure my bourbon shoes don't become walnut shoes in a year or so. TIA

12. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

I have a similar question with bourbon. I'm thinking about getting a 2nds pair and the toe is heavily burnished compared to the vamp and was wanting to lighten it up some and curious if anyone has done it. Was thinking just some light Renomat possibly.

[​IMG]

13. srolaser

srolaser Active Member

What is the RDA sale?

14. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Rediscover America. AE's annual sale. It is towards the end of the year.

15. Rookie428

Rookie428 Member

Awesome, thanks for the info!

16. Spiker

Spiker Well-Known Member

What is the % discount on the mcallester? and what colors are on sale?

Also is this color chili, or walnut or photoshop?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  17. AT83

AT83 Active Member

I need some help guys. My work shoe situation has been pretty bad lately and I need to finally place the order. Because my feet are different sizes I must place a custom order or purchase 2 stock pairs. My work requires a uniform, navy pants/coat/tie, white shirt, black shoes. Like many of you I have noticed that my co-workers wear terrible footwear. One guy has cemented wingtip bluchers with corrected grain leather where the top layer has worn away on most of the toes of both shoes leaving them looking like an almost grey suede. In the past I had summer shoes, AE in black calf on the VIP rubber sole, and winter shoes, Danner tactical boots. I have to run outside several times everyday, down sketchy outdoor metal stairs and be outside in whatever weather we're having for a few minutes before returning up the sketchy stairs.

I made the trek to the nearest AE store and was helped by the store manager. We decided that the Leeds on Dainite was the way to go for the sketchy outdoor stairs.

What black leather to choose... because they will be worn everyday at work and beat to death there is no need to spend the money on shell. I also eliminated grain, suede and exotic options. I tried to keep the AE summer shoes polished, not spit shined, but pretty decent. I keep the tactical boots looking good with Shoe Cream every couple weeks as well.

Black Custom Calf - had this before, still looked fine after just over 4 years of 3 season wear
    Black Outland Leather - local manager says this would be much more durable but won't ever be properly shined
    Black CXL - local manager says this isn't available, the MTO thread says otherwise so could always resort to placing a 3rd order with Allison but just trying to give the local store some business since they've helped size each time I was getting ready to place a MTO and then never gotten the credit.

18. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Well-Known Member

I think this is wrong. On the contrary shell is tough and built to take a beating with minimal upkeep. I would actually recommend shell as your best option. YMMV.

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wear the same shoes to work every day. I'd prefer NOT to get shell and opt for two pairs of calf shoes so I could alternate. You'd get much more life out of them.

20. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Well-Known Member

Love the combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.