1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

They just sent it to me. I didn't sign up for anything recently

2. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Well-Known Member

Not mad in the least that people want to take advantage of sells. That's the American way, go for it.

What I find incredibly humorous is the people that bitch that they can't get what they want on sale or when they get the sale item, they are not happy to because there is some minor flaw. Good grief, I too take advantage of sales, but I don't bitch about everything little problem or that I can't get exactly what I want.

Stop and think about it, AE products great products for a very fair price even at their full retail prices. Just do me a favor before you want to flame on me, go back through this thread and read it with an objective point of view. Look at all the posts on "poor" AE quality, bitching about "Ican't get this or can't get that for a sale or reduce price." When you look at it from an objective point of view, you can't help but wonder, "what the hell do these people want?"

And if all AE customers were like many of the guys on this thread, AE would be out of business very quickly.

1 person likes this.
  3. basiameda

basiameda Active Member

[​IMG]

Walnut Cordovan Dalton's after 1.5 years of VERY hard wear. If anyone remembers, they had a tear wear the vamp meets the foot and they've held up quite nicely. Can't say I'm a fan of the leather darkening up but the patina development has been beautiful.

For reference, some pictures during the month I got them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a civic. They are great cars. I've had a civic and it was one of the best cars I have ever had.

2 people like this.
  5. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Well-Known Member

So for anyone with experience on the 333 last, I know the question has been asked before, but do you size down half a size compared to your 5-last shoes ? thanks

Seems the general consensus is that 333 last is longer, but im not sure its long enough to warrant going down half

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  6. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Well-Known Member

Order placed for 3 pairs. Heavy on "fun" shoes, as I'll get staples elsewhere. 1 pair of brogues for next fall, and two pairs of specs for the coming spring/summer, one light and one dark.

Cognac ridgeway
    white/tan suede singleton
    Brown/denim kasmuk

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Guys (and girls),

Versatility of the Strand in Walnut vs Brown CXL?

I'm thinking walnut is more versatile (casual and dress), whereas Brown CXL is purely casual but more unique in that regard.

Thoughts?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
    Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Very nice.

I picked up the burgundy ones a couple of months ago and interested to see how mine turn in color. Do you have any Before pix or at least when they were new?

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I think the Strands in Walnut is one of the best shoes around period so to me that is the way to go. I own the Rush St and enjoy wearing them though I am having an odd crease issue in the cap toe.

10. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

I am going to agree with you. I think the Walnut Strand is much more versatile than the Rush Street. I recently bought the Rush Streets and they are great - but they are definitely a more casual shoe. I personally will not wear my Rush Streets with a suit.

The Walnut Strands can do a suit and can also pull off jeans.

Chris

11. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with walnut strands. You can wear them with anything, except black pants and shorts and light wash jeans. Dark jeans are a stretch, but I like them and they can be pulled off.

I'm glad we are talking about shoes and not how much our cars cost and how people like to 'bitch'.

1 person likes this.
  12. drcharlie

drcharlie Well-Known Member

I emailed you the 9.0D, 9.0E, 9.5D, and 9.5E lists I was provided this morning. If anyone else needs them, just let me know.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I like the Walnut Strands so much that I may order them in the golf shoe version and have the sole converted as the Golf Strand is built on the same last as the Shaker Heights and the SH simply is a pleasure to wear- roomy with no slip

14. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Well-Known Member

Finally got my list. Advice on which shoe to have in walnut? My options are PAs or Sanfords.
    Planning to grab the strands in brogue suede so not sure I need another medallion cap toe. Also already own PAs in black.

15. drcharlie

drcharlie Well-Known Member

I took the comment as sarcasm. I hope it was.

16. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Trying to stay away from this sale haha, just a little too close to the last cordovan seconds sale for my wallet. Really need to wait it out for a pair of brown cordovan Strands even though I would really like a few suede models that seem to be included in the sale.

17. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

How did you darken them up? They look great!

18. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

19. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

I would go with the Sanfords. The Sanford is a blucher and you seem to be OK on balmorals.

I also feel the more casual walnut and more formal Park Avenue style can conflict a bit.

Chris

20. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

Can someone compare the RL Singleton fit to the 5 last? I'm 11.5E in Strand, Mcallister and PA. Also, is there a list of what's in the 2/250 or are all closeouts fair game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.