1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Wearing my AE Lexingtons today. Picked these off ebay last year for about $40, like new. Did topy soles on them and just use them as my bad weather shoe or just when I need to mix things up since they're my only shoes in burgundy/merlot. Anyways, does anyone know anything about this model? The leather has a different texture compared to my Park Ave and McAllisters. They honestly feel kinda cheap when compared to my other AE shoes. Are these corrected grain? Again, I paid $40 for some hardly worn AEs so I have no problem using them as beaters, just curious what's going on with these.

[​IMG]

2. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

I just got an email that is starts on the 23rd. Why even bother setting up the day if they honor sale prices like a week before it starts?

3. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

I see what you did there, well played.

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Deebs, you know the drill.....what were the four pairs.

5. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

I honestly can't remember which if my assortment of moisturizers is used. It could have been Saphir Reno, AE Leather Lotion, AE Conditioner/Cleaner, or Obenauf's Leather Oil. But in any case, I treated them probably 8-9 months ago, and other than brushing after every wear, nothing else and they look the same.

1 person likes this.
  6. deebs

deebs Member

I needed some summer shoes that weren't boat shoes. I only have one other pair of suede shoes, so I picked up the navy spiaggia, snuff neumok, and tan strandmok. Also got the Elgin's.

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Well-Known Member

Mine do that, as do many others in the photos I've seen. I attribute it to the softness of the leather.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  8. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

My Long Branch boots in waxy brown have a weird place in my collection. I've had them for almost two years now. They are definitely not anywhere near my favorite boots and don't seem to find a place in the regular rotation when I'm at home (and I don't typically have to dress up --- jeans, chinos). But every time I go on vacation, they inevitably find themselves along for the ride. Every time since I've got them! To me, they are a perfect travel boot:

- sturdy leather that can handle the elements
    - Vibram sole with good sized lugs for good traction and to handle the rain if needed
    - the rubber sole plus the Poron insole make the boots super comfortable for lots of walking
    - the speed hooks assist in fairly easy off/on for airport security
    - can scrape by (but barely) to pair with trousers if people don't look too closely

9. StyleNovice6

StyleNovice6 Active Member

95% seem to be outgoing models i'm personally not fond of, At least in 11D/11C. There were a couple "niche" shoes on the list, such as a suede strand. If I was looking for loafers I would be on cloud 9 right now haha.

10. StyleNovice6

Since i'm very unfamiliar with these 2 for $250 sales could someone answer a couple of my questions below?

How frequently are they?
    Do they typically have more desirable makes, such as Park Aves/Strands/Daltons Etc.?
    Since I've received the seconds list for this current sale, will I be emailed the lists of future sales? or do I need to send an email each time I hear of an upcoming sale?

Thanks

11. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

About 2-3 per year.

Usually limited to discontinued models or certain discontinued colors of popular models they are keeping. E.g., I think the gray Park Ave. is on the list. Black, brown, etc. are not. Strange but I think the snuff suede Neumok is on the list. It's my favorite color of that shoe. Glad I grabbed some last fall.

Excluded from the sale are the Brooks models but, for whatever reason, the RL's ARE on the list, e.g. the RL Singleton.

In my experience, just because you have bought from one of the outlets in the past doesn't mean you get on an e-mail list. Usually, the best way to get the word is right here.

Hope this helps.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well as far as "dress" AE shoes go I"m good for this year.

Dress shoes Collection

Kenilworth
    Fifth Ave
    Lasalle
    Strand

Casual collection:

Not a damn thing.

I have clarks for casual that I always wear with jeans and chino's etc. I"m looking for either the amok or the mctavish. Although the clark street does have me intrigued

13. StyleNovice6

Thanks for the info. I had a hope I could find a pair of bourbon or walnut strands/park aves but knew it was unlikely. If I had a need for loafers I definitely would have got the Singletons. I'll just look out for the next one and contact the shoebank again when rumors begin to flow. Thank you

14. StyleNovice6

I only own one pair of dress shoes. A pair of Burgundy Sanfords i purchased for cheap off of ebay lol. I thought for sure I would find a couple dress shoe styles I liked but no luck. Maybe I'll do better next time. (I'm trying to build a good foundation [​IMG])

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

filling my Suede need with this sale...have none ...that will change soon :)

1 person likes this.
  16. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

How much suede is too much? I have a pair of Amoks, 2 pairs of Player's Shoes.

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

I am going for blue, tan and brown. In whichever styles I can get and a pair of straws too I think. I won't have a need for any more that..unless it's a chuka

18. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

Can anybody post a photo or a link to the Allen Edmonds "Moore?" I requested, from the Port Washington outlet, a list of shoes in my size, and the Moore is the only one I can't identify. Can anybody help me out?

P.S. Considering the Park Avenue and the Westchester the next time they have a 2-for$250 sale. Those seem like two shoes that will never go out of style.

19. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Well-Known Member

Anybody have a list of items and discounts that will be available during next month's annual anniversary sale?

20. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

To give people who've asked an idea about what might be available "2 for $250", here's the 9.5 E list that I got from Vincenzo a few hours ago:

1134S Amok Tan Suede 99 1
    1164S Amok Snuff Suede 99 1
    9022S Ashbury Brown 159 1
    9032S Ashbury Tan 159 6
    2925S Black Hills Grey 234 2
    71800S Bould Red/Brown Red/Brown 139 1
    2201S Bradley Black 199 1
    0262S Brooks Presidio Brown Brown 179 11
    0242S Brooks Presidio Walnut Walnut 179 1
    3359S Clifton Black Calf Black 279 1
    0994S Dornoch Dark Brown 159 1
    1962S Fenway Brown 159 1
    7331S First Cut Slv Sole Tan 149 1
    5406S Hale Black 189 3
    6611S Hamptons Black/Black 159 1
    1771S Haskell Brown Croc 149 2
    5923S Hillcrest Black 189 1
    8036S Huntsville Black/Brown Black/Brown 159 1
    8692S Madison Ave Chocolate Calf Chocolate 199 1
    9824S Mcgraw Walnut 199 1
    8754S Mcgraw Black Calf Black 279 2
    4046S Mctavish Dark Brown Crackle 237 1
    4145S Mctavish Grey 129 1
    2367S Morgan Navy Brush Off Navy Brush Off 159 1
    4085S Neumok Snuff Suede 149 2
    5885S Park Ave Walnut Grain Walnut 179 1
    5995S Park Avenue Grey Cloud 199 1
    5893S Parkway Grey 129 1
    45911S Port Washington Tan 77 1
    6134S Quinton Bit Choc Suede Chocolate Suede 279 13
    6051S Rapid City Cognac 149 2
    6332S Scottsdale Black 197 1
    8724S Shaker Heights Chili 199 1
    8725S Shaker Heights Brown 199 1
    91011S Singleton Black Calf Black 259 1
    6116S Strand Navy Suede Navy 269 1
    8255S Strandmok Navy Suede 149 1
    5505S Strawfut Brown/Linen 199 1
    1607S Westchester Black Calf Black 199 1
    6012S Winter Park Walnut 179 1

First column is AE model number (with "S" signifying factory second); second-to-last column is the "regular" price; last column is number of pairs available.

BTW, for those of you looking for my size, don't bother inquiring about the walnut grain PA, the Winter Park, and the grey McTavish, as those are all en route to me now. :-D The first two I've never seen before and just want to check out; the last I may need as a replacement for my current ones, as I went a little too crazy on them with VSC (in fact, I shouldn't have used any on them at all).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.