1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

So I got the seconds list and they have the:

BB gatsby spectators, cordovan dundee, shaker heights, Mora 2, and suede strands in my size.

Egad, this spells trouble...

2. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Well-Known Member

What are the prices of the Cordovan dundees?

3. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

I'm so anxious waiting for mine, they should be here tomorrow. I'm praying that they are as flawless as yours.
    What are you using to take off AE polish?

Edit: should have read the post more carefully, you're using Reno to strip off the junk

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

Better pictures of my new Rush Streets. The other photos I posted were the sales rep's samples in the store. These are mine after a coat of AE Leather Lotion. These show the color more accurately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris

3 people like this.
  5. wgiceman

wgiceman Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to get a pair of these!!! They look fantastic!!!

6. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Very nice! [​IMG]

7. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

The Rush Streets are at the top of my AE purchase list. Awesome looking shoes.

8. PeterL

PeterL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture i found on ebay. What model are these? Where size should i get(snug fit 6.5d barrie)? Where can i get them cheapest? Thanks for any advice
    These are on the 678 Last

9. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

I believe these are shell Promontory Point, probably from a MTO. Someone posted the link and pictures a few weeks back

10. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw those last week. Those are ammmmmmaaazzzzing.

I was wondering guys, can you place an MTO with their cheaper shoes and just add all the bells and whistles?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF3114_1_40000000001_-1_
    Those are $175 MSRP. Can I place an MTO and spice it up with dainite soles and independence lining? What exactly are the rules?

11. tucker897

tucker897 Member

very good

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

That shoe is part of the AE line which is made in the Dominican so I am going to say that probably is a no go since they can not be recrafted either though you may be able to get Dainite soles added by a cobbler but by then you probably are pushing into seconds of an Allen Edmonds Regular shoe price wise

13. anrobit

anrobit Well-Known Member

These are Promontory Points in brown shell cordovan, a special order. They're a pair of seconds that have been on eBay forever. You should probably size to a 7d if the 6.5 barrie is snug

14. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

Very very cool...I really like the shape and workings

15. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

They all have looked great. Wish I had mine. I did really like the walnut and burgundy make ups. I think my favorite though was the bourbon with extra burnishing, but that is also the make up of mine I am waiting for. They all looked great. I think AE made a mistake by only offering this as a rough boot, they should have made this part of their regular line in the make up styles as we have all done (burgundy, walnut and bourbon). It really is a great looking boot.

16. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Great point. They should take advantage of these MTOs and just copy the designs.

Plus, the boot is on the 2 last, which to me is a more elegant, dressier look, because it narrow. Also the reason why I can't wear it.. :(

Plus (my ramblings here): AE seems to make some odd design choices at times. They seem strangely drawn to some wackier designs and miss a lot of solid basics, IMO. It's been discussed here how men's wardrobe basics have not been covered well by AE in the past. The Carlyle plain toe, for example, was a long time coming. A good, basic, unadorned plain toe or captoe boot for less rugged (i.e.: office casual or even slacks/jacket wear) is missing. Why can we only get the brogued offerings? Then they bring out the perfect boot, it seems, but in a rugged style. The MTOs show how great this boot could be. Of course, I'd like it on a last like the 5 rather than the 2, but that's another issue.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

How are people sizing these?? (Eagle Country)

18. Dnslater

Dnslater Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist picking up a pair of Aberdeen's in Tan Dublin from the Shoebank for $159. Will be nice for bad weather days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Well-Known Member

Nice! Next to my Longbranches, my grey Aberdeens get the most wear (and tons of compliments).

Does anyone know if the Aberdeen and Eagle County are on the same last?

20. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Yes, they're both on the 2 last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.