1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

I really like those Stewart derbies. I wanted to order them during this clearance sale, but I have too many brown shoes.

I'd love a pair of Stewart derbies in blue suede - like the ones they did for Lands End a couple years ago:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Almost all of my trousers are grey toned. Maybe I should own some navy shoes...

3. GooseG

GooseG Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even consider these Stewarts brown..it's very much a tan with reddish tones. Considering this makeup is about one fourth the price of a whiskey or ravello shell blucher, I'm happy with them :).

Oddly enough, this is my first pair of PTBs. I've got longwings, shortwings, loafers, balmorals and a handful of boots...but never a plain toe.

4. sekman

sekman Member

My Black Neumora's arrived this morning. I probably could have gone with a half size smaller but for the price I got on the sale I'm not going to complain. They are beautiful shoes!

5. FreedBird

FreedBird Well-Known Member

Wearing my suede today now that there isn't a mess of wet snow outside. These are a style from a few years back, the McClain on the 8 last.

[​IMG]

6. hp5273

hp5273 Active Member

Nice! Ralph Lauren Sandersons in snuff suede for me today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  7. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

very nice... kicking myself in the butt for not ordering something similar.[​IMG]

8. newguy123

newguy123 Member

Hi all,

First time posting. I have a pair of Wolverines 744 seconds on hold at the shoe bank for $399. Should I pull the trigger or does anyone have any insight on them coming back down to 299? Looks like I just missed it.

Thanks!

9. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

Quote: currently kicking myself for not thinking of a navy calf eagle county when price was $200. black eyelets, black flat wheeled welt, danite soles...

[​IMG]

10. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

i guess there's a lot of us with non-buyers remorse

11. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Well-Known Member

So I've decided I'm just not in love with my brown shell Jeffersons (9EEE). They are just a little too clunky in my opinion.

I can swap them for a brown shell Strand in either 9EE or 9.5E.

My questions is, if I'm normally a 9EEE in the Strand, am I better off getting the 9EE (given that shell is a little roomier than calf), or going up to the 9.5E?

Thanks!

12. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Well Allison just told me that the Promontory Point makeup I had selected cannot be made with a lining. I might have to see if I can swap it for an Eagle Country makeup...with pretty much those exact specs.

13. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Pull the trigger. Don't count on $299 shell again. Getting the 744s would be quite a kop and I'd love to see pics if you do buy them.

14. halfnhalfnhalf

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. halfnhalfnhalf

16. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

please do, i'd love to see one made because i'm sure it'll look gorgeous. or you can ask her to give me the good price on your behalf. either or lol

17. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

i bought them and they arrived just last week:

some pitting on the toe caps is the issue:
    [​IMG]

here's an idea of their color in strong sunlight, from l - r the "color 449" mahogany 744's, alden #8 wt boot, ae burgandy cordovan dundee
    [​IMG]

18. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

yeah, with most of the "deals" posted on here I am usually glad I didn't bite, but this eagle county MTO thing was a huge opportunity for a really nice looking shoe for a really cheap price. It was essentially a can't miss deal, i dont know it the deal is still on the table or not, but either way, I already spent my money on a pair of fifth streets which I do like very much.

19. halfnhalfnhalf

20. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

I need to pickup a few AE belts -- if anyone has suggestions on sales/price discounts/recraft gift card balance/etc, I'm open for comments [​IMG]

- Dearborn Dress belt (bourbon)
    - Manistee Dress belt (merlot)
    - Cottonwood Casual (navy)

Does anyone have suggestions on a belt/color match for the Smokey Grey (6061) Long Branch's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.